for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
POLL CALL!
#56210 09/21/20 04:38 AM
OP Online

The more I read, the more I become convinced that COVID be damned, it's imperative that as many Democratic voters as possible get to the polls in person to prevent Trump from declaring a premature early landslide victory.

I realize that mail-in voting is as attractive as all get-out as an option, but this election it's got the potential to help trigger a Constitutional crisis and really needs to be avoided if at all possible.

Yeah, the lines will be daunting, but once you realize that social distancing is making them appear to be way longer than they actually are, half the battle is won.

And remember that if Democrats stay away it will make it that much easier on Republicans who will have shorter waits as a result.

This election may be impacted significantly by the side that's most committed to waiting on line to vote for its candidate.

Consider your health first, but if you're not at risk, PLEASE don't take the easy way out!

AND PLEASE PASS IT ON!

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: POLL CALL!
artie505 #56213 09/21/20 10:47 AM

Amen to that, Artie. My wife and I have not requested mail-in ballots because we don't want to add to the already-overloaded postal system. Luckily for us, lines are always short in our small town but we will avail ourselves of the opportunity for early voting. Our county has made five locations available on many dates. We will wear masks and observe social distancing, of course.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
Re: POLL CALL!
jchuzi #56216 09/21/20 09:21 PM
OP Online

Clarification: As Jon has pointed out, waiting in line isn't the only solution to the problem.

Just make sure that your vote is counted BY election day, NOT afterwards, by whatever means suit your situation best.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard