An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#55042 - 06/26/20 10:22 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
joemikeb Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Originally Posted By: ryck
And now for something completely, hahaha, different. The visual punchline is great.

I never use these shorthand statements but I nearly ROFL at that one. 👍

#55050 - 06/26/20 04:36 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: joemikeb]
ryck Online

Loc: Okanagan Valley
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
....I nearly ROFL at that one. 👍

Ya, if there's any group who are likely glad to have Trump around, it'd be comedy writers because he makes their job so easy.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 2400 MHz DDR4
OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner
Time Machine on 1TB LaCie USB-C
Carbon Copy Clone on 500GB OWC Mercury OTG Pro

#55052 - 06/26/20 09:05 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
artie505 Online

Great ad, but I've got to wonder if its creators are old enough to have remembered when Gerald Ford couldn't walk down the street and chew gum at the same time?

In Memory Of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

#55053 - 06/27/20 12:34 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: artie505]
ryck Online

Originally Posted By: artie505
....but I've got to wonder if its creators are old enough to have remembered when Gerald Ford couldn't walk down the street and chew gum at the same time?

Dunno. But, whatever shortcomings he may or may not have had, I'll bet that President Ford would not have stood still if he learned that Russia was paying a bounty to have American soldiers killed. And I am equally certain that Ford would not have rewarded Russia, as Trump has done since being advised of the bounties.

a) Trying to help Russia get into the G7

b) Advancing the idea of removing American troops from Germany, which the experts say would be a giant gift to Putin.

It seems to me that the Commander-In-Chief should be facing a court martial.

Edited by ryck (06/27/20 12:45 AM)

OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer

#55054 - 06/27/20 01:04 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
artie505 Online

Just to clarify, I wasn't comparing Ford, who was merely a bonehead, with Trump, who's an entire dictionary full of evil adjectives. I was questioning the "originality" of the ad.

It seems to me that the Commander-In-Chief should be facing a court martial.

He's already faced one, for what it was worth. frown

More: Since we're on the subject of campaign ads, I've read that Ad: Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) Loves Joe Biden may be the best ever.

In Memory Of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

#55226 - 07/15/20 01:28 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
ryck Online

....if there's any group who are likely glad to have Trump around, it'd be comedy writers because he makes their job so easy.

And now Trump's lawyers are providing the lines.

A news report following up on Trump’s tax-records loss in the Supreme Court ("No Donald, being President doesn't give you broad immunity") said that they’ve sent the issue back to the lower courts. Apparently, in the lower courts Trump’s legal team is going to argue that the subpoena is too broad and that it would... wait for it ... affect his ability to do his job. Wow!!! They’re actually going to argue that Trump could do worse than he’s doing now.

Edited by ryck (07/15/20 01:29 PM)

OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer

#55228 - 07/15/20 06:30 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
artie505 Online

For an "honest" man, he's putting himself through an enormous amount of trouble to avoid documenting his honesty.

The decision apparently guarantees that his returns are safe from scrutiny until after the election, and if he's still worried about what people may learn after he's re-elected - tongue - it's probably even worse than we can guess in our wildest guesses.

His whining about the Court having been gracious towards other Presidents, "BUT NOT ME!," fails to consider that other Presidents have respected the Judiciary... BUT NOT HIM! (Which, technically, should have absolutely nothing to do with Court decisions, but the jerk has invited retribution, conscious or subconscious as the case may be.)

#55231 - 07/16/20 04:01 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: artie505]
ryck Online

Originally Posted By: artie505
For an "honest" man, he's putting himself through an enormous amount of trouble to avoid documenting his honesty.

And, for an "honest" man, he sure likes to surround himself with dishonest people. Once again, the Lincoln Project says it well.

OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer

#55233 - 07/16/20 04:44 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
artie505 Online

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Lincoln Project!!!

Their ads are totally spot-on, never pull punches, and are well-targeted. (I read that they raised $16 million in the first quarter, which bodes well for their future.)

I hope Biden runs his campaign in a similar "attack, attack, attack" manner.

And I particularly love that George Conway is one of its founders/movers while his super-facelifted (Hmmm... I wonder who paid for it?) wife is the ONLY continuously serving relic of Trump's 2016 campaign (I've always suspected that she was intimately involved in the "covfefe" episode.) and their 16 year old daughter openly trolls both of them. In fact, after allowing the media to interview her once, her parents are now objecting to any more media contact on the grounds that she's underage and, therefore, still under their control, although I wonder if they can actually enforce the ban.

(Sidenote: It's taken me years to find out that if [u] tags precede [color] tags the underline will be colored, but if they follow, it will be black. crazy )

#55281 - 07/19/20 12:58 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: artie505]
jchuzi Offline

Loc: New York State
Although this Dilbert strip makes no mention of Trump, it's obvious that Scott Adams has him in his mind: People will believe anything

macOS 10.15.6, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

#55283 - 07/19/20 01:02 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: jchuzi]
ryck Online

Hahaha....so true. No, wait, boohoohoo....so true.

OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer

#55444 - 07/26/20 05:42 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
ryck Online

John Lewis died Friday evening and immediately the tributes began pouring in.

President Bonespur, however could not be bothered to say anything until he finished golfing on Saturday, when he tweeted, “Saddened to hear the news of civil rights hero John Lewis passing. Melania and I send our prayers to he and his family.”

Dear President Bonespur:

I feel compelled to write because, aside from your inability to compose a grammatically correct sentence, you appear not to understand the meaning of basic words. "Passing" means Mr. Lewis has died. Where he is now, you cannot send your prayers to him.

Edited by ryck (07/26/20 05:45 PM)

OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  alternaut, cyn