FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Copy and Paste part of website
joemikeb #55415 07/25/20 05:20 PM

Clarification:

My point is that the "fill-in-the-blanks" forms are NOT a good way to provide FEEDBACK to Customer Services personnel on related matters. LETTERS are the better way to go there if you want a response from a person.

(Bug Reports - not the same as Feedback - may serve the technicians, but, I suspect, the general Customer Services folks have little to do with the tech end of things.)

MG2009 #55416 07/25/20 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: MG2009
Clarification:

My point is that the "fill-in-the-blanks" forms are NOT a good way to provide FEEDBACK to Customer Services personnel on related matters. LETTERS are the better way to go there if you want a response from a person.

I didn't say it specifically, but my experience has been precisely the opposite with any number of companies.

I've always gotten responsive responses from helpful people.

I may just have been lucky, but my luck has been awful consistent.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #55417 07/25/20 05:43 PM

RE: Feedback vs Reports

---------------

Yes, Artie, because you actually made contact with a person who was willing and able to reply . . . which IS the same experience I had when writing a letter to a person (using either snail mail or email forms).

Any fill-in-the-blanks "bug reports" to Apple I have submitted, I have never received a written response or follow-up call from a person at Apple.

MG2009 #55418 07/25/20 07:39 PM
OP Offline

I have used fill in the blank forms but rarely get a response. If I can find an email, I will use it. I often times get the email of the current CEO and have mixed responses like helpful, antagonistic and none at all. Some of the responses are from the CEO themselves, and others are from lackeys.

FWIW:

I never use "fill-in-the-blanks" response forms. (Same goes for eBay surveys and the like.)

TOO easy for users/customers to complete, so I imagine companies - like Apple - get tons of these . . . which are easily ignored at the other end.

BEST BET: Take the time and effort to send a letter/email (if the issue matters enough you). The chances are better that the recipient will pay closer attention to it. No guarantee, of course, but it does show that the Sender was more earnest, IMHO.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

MG2009 #55419 07/25/20 10:54 PM

Any fill-in-the-blanks "bug reports" to Apple I have submitted, I have never received a written response or follow-up call from a person at Apple.

That's not at all surprising.

When you file feedback with Apple, they tell you flat out to NOT expect a response, and with good reason as far as I"m concerned: They simply get too much feedback to deal with individually, so they accumulate it and react when some sort of threshold is reached, which I don't find at all unreasonable.

When I've got a real issue that needs to be addressed and can be documented I go to Feedback Assistant, and, as joemike and Jon have both reported, my issue is addressed.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #55422 07/26/20 01:51 PM

Even Feedback Assistant requires effort on your part to see the response. You do not receive any notification there has been a response. You have to log onto Feedback Assistant, find the report you are interested in, and open it to see Apple's response(s), if any. As Artie said they get so many reports it is not practical for them to respond individually.

From my experience, I think it is safe to assume the majority of the reports are like the one i got from a very senior electrical engineer in the company I was working for at 3:00 AM one Sunday morning, demanding to know why the software release made the previous week was not working. I drove 30 miles to his lab, queried him as to the nature of the problem. Then crawled under his desk and plugged his computer in. Problem solved!

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #55423 07/26/20 02:46 PM

When I have used Feedback Assistant, I received an email from Apple when they had responded with a request for more information. No email was forthcoming if they did not respond.

Last edited by jchuzi; 07/26/20 02:47 PM.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #55425 07/26/20 03:06 PM

I once got a "nasty" email from them because they felt that my problem wasn't worthy of Feedback Assistant and should have been filed with simple, "fill in the blanks" Feedback.

I was a bit put out by its tone.

artie505 #55429 07/26/20 04:03 PM

Sounds like somebody at Apple had a bad hair day.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard