FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Changing Mail View Options permanently
artie505 #54739 05/26/20 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: artie505
I think that under any circumstances, Rita's external should have no less than two partitions: one, because Rita should have a clone, no matter how far behind the times it is, and a second for potential Time Machine or other use.

I won't argue with you but it goes against my grain to use partitions. I wish it were possible to use APFS volumes instead of Partitions, but Time Machine rules that out.

How about a 128GB partition for the clone and the rest of the drive for a future Time Machine backup?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #54742 05/26/20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
I think that under any circumstances, Rita's external should have no less than two partitions: one, because Rita should have a clone, no matter how far behind the times it is, and a second for potential Time Machine or other use.

I won't argue with you but it goes against my grain to use partitions. I wish it were possible to use APFS volumes instead of Partitions, but Time Machine rules that out.

How about a 128GB partition for the clone and the rest of the drive for a future Time Machine backup?

That works. Since Rita's got a 1 TB external drive and only a 120 GB internal, there's no way she'll ever run out of space in either partition. (And I doubt that there's any way she'll ever run Time Machine, anyhow.)

The possibility of running out of space in a partition, which is, correctly, at the root of your dislike of partitions, isn't in play in this instance.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #54743 05/26/20 03:48 PM
OP Offline

That's just what I meant. The websites don't work if they are enabled.

Neither Wipr nor Ghostery is causing your problems; it's just that websites have become more sophisticated and better able to pick up on ad blockers - no matter which variety - and block them.

Yes, I use the gear box from time to time. Thanks.

If you've got the little gear wheel guy in your Safari menu bar you can uncheck the "Enable content blockers box" on a website by website basis to whitelist particular sites, and if you haven't got it, it's because your Safari is too far behind the times.

I caught Roadblock for 1/2 price around X-mas, but its functionality is so important to me that I'd have paid full price. As far as I've been able to tell, it's unique. [/quote]

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard