An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#53801 - 03/26/20 05:52 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: artie505]
ryck Online

Loc: Okanagan Valley
Originally Posted By: artie505
And at this very moment, as we're laughing at him, he's crafting his next platform - "I fixed the economy once, and ONLY I can do it now, and if you ever want to see your 401K back where it was, vote for ME, ME, ME!!!" - and counting on people being blinded to the carnage he's caused and causing by the bright dollar signs he's going to flash in front of their eyes.

I don't doubt that for a moment. However, I believe there will be an opposing wild card - the information that Bloomberg has gathered and will make public in a scorched earth campaign against Trump and his entire family. It’s clear that Bloomberg hates Trump and that he has the information, the resources, and the motivation to bring Trump down.

I also believe Trump will crack under the strain and that we’re in for some interesting viewing.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 2400 MHz DDR4
OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner
Time Machine on 1TB LaCie USB-C
Carbon Copy Clone on 500GB OWC Mercury OTG Pro

#53802 - 03/26/20 07:47 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
grelber Offline

Loc: North of 49th ||
America's shmuck in chief apparently wants to have US troops all along the US-Canada border.
Does he think that any Canadian in their right mind would want to head to the States under the current circumstances?!
It would seem that the effete gomers aka Morons Я Us™ in Trumpington* are working overtime to disguise their ineptitude.
(* No, not the village on the outskirts of Cambridge, England)

And even with all that's been going on and Humpty Trumpty's wholly incompetent and irrational attitude and behavior towards same, that apparently has garnered him a 49% approval rating in the States (5 points higher than when last measured).
It's not coronavirus that Americans have to worry about, it's whatever is causing mass dementia.

Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!
(Courtesy of "Monty Python's Life of Brian")

Edited by grelber (03/26/20 02:09 PM)

#53807 - 03/26/20 08:46 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
artie505 Online

Originally Posted By: ryck
...I believe there will be an opposing wild card - the information that Bloomberg has gathered and will make public in a scorched earth campaign against Trump and his entire family. It’s clear that Bloomberg hates Trump and that he has the information, the resources, and the motivation to bring Trump down.

I wonder if that would "trump" Trump's promise of economic prosperity?

There's a whole lot of VERY irrational thinking going on out there! frown

Originally Posted By: ryck
I also believe Trump will crack under the strain and that we’re in for some interesting viewing.

I think that's not only a possibility, but that a good debater may be able to get him to crack on national TV.

In Memory Of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

#53808 - 03/26/20 08:47 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
ryck Online

Originally Posted By: grelber
America's shmuck in chief apparently wants to have US troops all along the US-Canada border. Does he think that any Canadian who is mentally competent would want to head to the States?!

That kind of decision is to be expected not only because of Trump's peculiar rationales but also because he has surrounded himself with similar wackos.

Example: The foreign ministers of the G20 met to discuss COVID but were unable to release a statement because Pompeo insisted that the document only refer to the disease as either the Wuhan Virus or the China Virus. Great....focus on demonizing instead of your citizens' health. Totally wacko.

Edited by ryck (03/26/20 10:33 AM)
Edit Reason: Spelling

OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer

#53809 - 03/26/20 09:15 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
jchuzi Online

Loc: New York State
Job Vacancies and Inexperience Mar Federal Response to Coronavirus When the fish stinks, it starts at the head.

OS 10.15.4, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

#53819 - 03/27/20 12:35 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: jchuzi]
artie505 Online

I think the Times and other media ought to start simultaneously publishing stuff such as your linked doc in comic book form for consumption by the deplorables.

In Memory Of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

#53820 - 03/27/20 03:15 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: artie505]
jchuzi Online

Hardcore Trump supporters can be accurately portrayed as a cult. The same type of unquestioning fanaticism is in evidence. In fact, cult members ignore evidence, of which there is an abundance. Trump doesn't even try to hide it.

OS 10.15.4, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

#53821 - 03/27/20 07:03 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: jchuzi]
ryck Online

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
When the fish stinks, it starts at the head.

For sure.... In this case, the giant orange head is demonstrating it with his insistence, against the advice of medical experts, that American businesses open up again. Clearly that idea is self-serving. Social distancing means he has to shut down his businesses but he wants them to stay open, no matter how many people die as a result.

Doesn't get much stinkier than that.

OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer

#53831 - 03/27/20 12:45 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: jchuzi]
artie505 Online

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Hardcore Trump supporters can be accurately portrayed as a cult. The same type of unquestioning fanaticism is in evidence. In fact, cult members ignore evidence, of which there is an abundance. Trump doesn't even try to hide it.

Can't argue with that, but I doubt that all of them would be happy to drink COV-aID for him if they realized that he was selling them down the river to benefit the rich.

Sure there's a bottom layer that's dumber than stones and would follow him to their deaths, but I'm sure there's also a higher, smarter layer - the one just below the "Never Trumpers" - that's vulnerable to the right "reprogramming" effort.

#53845 - 03/28/20 03:46 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: artie505]
grelber Offline

Seattle Is Living Your Coronavirus Future

Among other things ...
President Trump’s talk of opening the United States for business by Easter is greeted in this precinct of sanity as the heartless bluster of a career con man. The public radio station in Seattle, KUOW, has stopped airing Trump’s live briefings because the volume of misinformation he puts out cannot be corrected in real time.

#53851 - 03/29/20 12:00 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
grelber Offline

More disgusting crap out of the far right:

Medical Expert Who Corrects Trump Is Now a Target of the Far Right

Dr Anthony Fauci, the administration’s most outspoken advocate of emergency virus measures, faces a torrent of false claims that he is mobilizing to undermine the president.

#53854 - 03/29/20 11:15 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: artie505]
alternaut Offline

Originally Posted By: artie505
Can't argue with that, but I doubt that all of them would be happy to drink COV-aID for him if they realized that he was selling them down the river to benefit the rich.

That's why he'd fall back on COVfefe, instead of calling it COV-aiD... blush grin
He'd say that proves he 'knew it' all along.

#53855 - 03/29/20 03:44 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: alternaut]
artie505 Online

It'd be the ultimate COVfefe Klatch. tongue

#53857 - 03/31/20 12:55 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
grelber Offline

This Land of Denial and Death

COVID-19 and the dark side of American exceptionalism.

#53866 - Yesterday at 12:02 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
grelber Offline

Touting Virus Cure, ‘Simple Country Doctor’ Becomes a Right-Wing Star

How Dr Vladimir Zelenko's claims for his coronavirus treatment spread from a New York village all the way to President Trump.

As much as it would be tremendous to find a real treatment for COVID-19, let us hope that Zelenko's coronavirus "cure" winds up decimating Trumpty Dumpty's base who take the "cure" as gospel. Every little bit helps in casting out the White House demons.

#53873 - Yesterday at 03:55 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
ryck Online

Originally Posted By: grelber
.....Dr Vladimir Zelenko's claims for his coronavirus treatment spread from a New York village all the way to President Trump.

Of course President Bonespur jumped in....the miracle cure was promoted by Sean Hannity over at that bastion of well-thought-out reporting, Fox News. And that other great American thinker, Rudy Giuliani, praised Zelenko for “thinking of solutions, just like the president.”

Interesting that the doctor with the miracle cure could only be reached by phone because he's in self-isolation. Tilt.

OS Mojave 10.14.6
Canon MX710 Printer

#53874 - Today at 02:59 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: ryck]
jchuzi Online

Snake oil is starting to look good.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  alternaut, cyn