An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#52972 - 11/24/19 10:59 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: MacManiac]
grelber Offline

Loc: North of 49th ||
Originally Posted By: MacManiac
I challenge you to provide the Moderators and Admin with a suitable, non-inflammatory, not necessarily "politically correct" alternative so that we can continue the conversation.

I would propose - "The thread formerly known as...Should 45?"

I really don't give a rat's patoot. But if you go that route, you might like to get (at least) the first two words of the title correct and use a proper grammatical stylesheet (for punctuation).

#52977 - 11/25/19 08:12 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
MacManiac Offline

Loc: Paradise....on the central Ore...
So put a cork in the rat's patoot that you don't give and give me a counter proposal that shows how YOU would do the rename.

Work with me here....I'm trying to defuse the inflammatory tone of the title WHILE NOT surrendering to becoming "politically correct" and losing the value of the thread....it ain't easy!

#52978 - 11/25/19 09:17 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: MacManiac]
grelber Offline

So put a cork in the rat's patoot that you don't give and give me a counter proposal that shows how YOU would do the rename.

You're asking the wrong person. I wouldn't rename it (for reasons given earlier) and because I originally spent a fair bit of time and effort in constructing the title so that it wouldn't be 'offensive' or 'risky' (by any definition), even if risqué.
I'm sure that the assembled talent among the moderators and administrators can come up with what you and they construe as a reasonable solution couched in proper English.

#52979 - 11/25/19 11:55 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
MacManiac Offline

Mon ami, you misunderstand my request.....help me out with the suggested additions, grammatically corrected, that you are requesting. I obviously don't understand to what you refer, or I would have made my original suggestion with your corrections included to start with.

Your opening post in this thread, with the article linked was perfect - your 2nd post, where you espoused additional handguns that would be suitable for the same titular treatment of our elected VP....THAT is where I should have expressed my concerns with the title. Instead, that is where I left this thread for 5 months.....my mistake.

If you could do me the honor of forgiving my tardiness, I really need your help to rectify my mistake from over a year ago. My posts to this thread from last April will clearly show that I am NOT a rabid Trump supporter....but they will also show that I am also NOT a rabid Never-Trump advocate.

So, please help...n'est-ce pas?

edited to fix a typo....

Edited by MacManiac (11/25/19 12:00 PM)

#52983 - 11/25/19 03:57 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: MacManiac]
grelber Offline

Mon ami, you misunderstand my request.....help me out with the suggested additions, grammatically corrected, that you are requesting. I obviously don't understand to what you refer, or I would have made my original suggestion with your corrections included to start with.

Oh puh-leeze: Where do you see "should" in the title?!

Your opening post in this thread, with the article linked was perfect - your 2nd post, where you espoused additional handguns that would be suitable for the same titular treatment of our elected VP....THAT is where I should have expressed my concerns with the title. Instead, that is where I left this thread for 5 months.....my mistake.

Anyone who has followed the gun control debate (even peripherally) over the past several decades knows that the AR-15 is NOT a handgun but a selective-fire longarm designed by Armalite and meant for military use and not generally available to the civilian population (although semiautomatic versions of same are).

If you go the route that you suggested, such title would properly read:
"The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ..."

I really don't appreciate having to punish myself for doing a job with which I heartedly disagree.

#52984 - 11/25/19 05:17 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
MacManiac Offline

Thanks for calling my attention to the fact that I can't read.....[headslap]DUH! [/headslap]!

Of course it should have been "Maybe" -not- "Should".....

Your self torture to offer guidance is truly appreciated here....

Now my turn:

Quote:
The title premise could apply to 45' (45-prime) too. Even the 1873 Colt had 6 chambers, not to mention the 1911 Colt M1A1 semiauto with even more capacity. There's enough 'solution' for every 'deserving' body.

Not seeing any mention of a long-gun in your 2nd post to which I referred....just sayin'. blush FWIW, I have an AR15 civilian semi-auto long gun in my personal armory.

EDIT: now I have to admit I'm not reading properly AGAIN....I was seeing M1911A1 instead of what you were writing! I still remember my M1 thumb from initial qualification at the rifle range in boot camp...although the M1A1 didn't come into being until 1941.

I think that your corrected version of my alternative title offering is perfect....and still not quite politically correct, which suits just fine.

I'll propose "The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ..." to the Admin for her consideration and thank you!

Edited by MacManiac (11/25/19 05:50 PM)

#52986 - 11/25/19 11:56 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: MacManiac]
grelber Offline

Now my turn:
Quote:
The title premise could apply to 45' (45-prime) too. Even the 1873 Colt had 6 chambers, not to mention the 1911 Colt M1A1 semiauto with even more capacity. There's enough 'solution' for every 'deserving' body.

Not seeing any mention of a long-gun in your 2nd post to which I referred....just sayin'. blush FWIW, I have an AR15 civilian semi-auto long gun in my personal armory.

EDIT: now I have to admit I'm not reading properly AGAIN....I was seeing M1911A1 instead of what you were writing! I still remember my M1 thumb from initial qualification at the rifle range in boot camp...although the M1A1 didn't come into being until 1941.

Now I must admit to misremembering (even after "re-reading" that second post) and confounding AR-15 with 1911 Colt M1A1 semiauto. Mea culpa. Blame it on "purple rain". blush tongue

#52987 - 11/26/19 12:17 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
grelber Offline

President Trump Signs Federal Animal Cruelty Bill Into Law

Perhaps the only halfway decent thing the man has done ... and not just in his presidential term of office.

#52990 - 11/26/19 09:15 AM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: grelber]
MacManiac Offline

Quote:
Blame it on "purple rain". blush tongue

Personally, I blame it on the damned statins..... crazy

#52992 - 11/26/19 01:19 PM Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... [Re: MacManiac]
grelber Offline

Quote:
Blame it on "purple rain". blush tongue

Personally, I blame it on the damned statins..... crazy

I wish I had the (dubious) "luxury" of such an excuse.
I'll just have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune ... ta-roo, ta-ree.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  alternaut, cyn