Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anyone recording CODEC audio?
artie505 #52609 10/07/19 09:06 PM
ryck Online OP
OP Online

Originally Posted By: artie505
.....have you taken a look in System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility to see if Amadeus wants it?

And if not, I wonder if your unilaterally granting it would help?

That works. The default for Amadeus is to request Microphone Access but adding them to Full Disk Access allows recording without turning off the Firewall.

The input is still fixed (i.e. no fader control) but that’s fine….levels all seem to be in the -5 to -2.8 range, even on “loud” recordings. Better to be turning up a clean sound than turning down a distorted one.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
joemikeb #52610 10/07/19 09:11 PM
ryck Online OP
OP Online

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
....check System Preferences > Network and see if your USB port is listed among the network ports and if so, try removing the USB port from the list of possible network ports....

I took a peek there and only saw:

• Bluetooth Pan (Not Connected)
• iPad USB (Not Connected)
• Wi-Fi (Off)
• Thunder something or other Bridge (Not Connected)

So, I figured, "not much to do here" and just left it alone.

Last edited by ryck; 10/07/19 09:11 PM.

ryck

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #52611 10/07/19 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck
.....have you taken a look in System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility to see if Amadeus wants it?

And if not, I wonder if your unilaterally granting it would help?

That works. The default for Amadeus is to request Microphone Access but adding them to Full Disk Access allows recording without turning off the Firewall.

Did you go for Full Disk Access because Accessibility was insufficient? I'm not clear on that.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #52612 10/08/19 12:12 AM
ryck Online OP
OP Online

Did you go for Full Disk Access because Accessibility was insufficient?

No...I was taken aback by the Accessibility caution "Allow the apps to control your computer". However, I have since tried Amadeus using Accessibility and it works fine.

I wasn't too worried about Full Disk Access because some trusted apps need it (e.g. Carbon Copy Cloner, Cookie, Onyx) so Amadeus wasn't a concern as I consider it a trusted app. However, I have since put it into Accessibility.

For my information.....which would you use and why?

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #52616 10/08/19 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By: ryck
Did you go for Full Disk Access because Accessibility was insufficient?

No...I was taken aback by the Accessibility caution "Allow the apps to control your computer". However, I have since tried Amadeus using Accessibility and it works fine.

I wasn't too worried about Full Disk Access because some trusted apps need it (e.g. Carbon Copy Cloner, Cookie, Onyx) so Amadeus wasn't a concern as I consider it a trusted app. However, I have since put it into Accessibility.

For my information.....which would you use and why?

My understanding is that Full Disk Access is far more permissive than Accessibility, the functionality of the former being described literally, while the latter merely gives apps access to specific functionality they need to access but can't because of sandboxing, so given an option, Accessibility would be my go-to.

Have you really got CCC and Cookie in Full Disk Access? I'm running both apps, and neither is in either Full Disk Access or Accessibility. As a matter of fact, I've got nothing in Full Disk Access. (Cookie appears to circumvent Accessibility by asking for access permission when you install it.)

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #52625 10/08/19 02:27 PM
ryck Online OP
OP Online

Have you really got CCC and Cookie in Full Disk Access? I'm running both apps, and neither is in either Full Disk Access or Accessibility. As a matter of fact, I've got nothing in Full Disk Access.

Okay, thanks very much.....good to know. I'm changing mine over to the same status. My Accessibility now has only Amadeus and OnyX....and Cookie seems to be working just fine without being in either Full Disk Access or Accessibility.

Last edited by ryck; 10/08/19 02:33 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #52631 10/08/19 04:43 PM

When you install Catalina there are options for Full Disk Access (which is essential for many (most?) utility apps) or selective File/Folder access which is essential for many sandboxed apps if they are going be able to do anything. In fact, virtually all third party apps will have to be granted some level of access even if it just to the Documents folder.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
artie505 #52640 10/09/19 03:37 PM
ryck Online OP
OP Online

Have you really got CCC and Cookie in Full Disk Access? I'm running both apps, and neither is in either Full Disk Access or Accessibility. As a matter of fact, I've got nothing in Full Disk Access.

One of my CCC backups ran last night but a dialogue box warned that it was not done properly because it did not have Full Disk Access. I manually ran the other backup this morning and got the same caution when I hit "Clone".

Interestingly, opening Full Disk Access and checking the CCC box did not get rid of the caution. I actually had to follow the CCC process of dragging their fish icon into the Full Disk Access window....then everything worked as usual.

Last edited by ryck; 10/09/19 03:40 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #52641 10/09/19 03:46 PM

I've got no idea what to make of that; if, as it sounds, it's a brand new situation, maybe you ought to "Report a Problem" from CCC's Help menu.

Did CCC insert itself into your FDA pane, or did you select it?

As I said, I haven't got CCC in either FDA or Accessibility, and I clone to both internal and external drives.

Update: I took a look in CCC's documentation (and saw the fish for the first time), and it turns out that it does need full disk access, and a chance look at CCC's menu bar disclosed that my installation has got it, despite the fact that it doesn't appear in my FDA pane.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard