An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Topic Options
#52487 - 09/20/19 10:48 AM Firefox - Now need two clicks to get link up?
kevs Offline

think this dovetails with upgrading to Mojave but who knows.... big annoyance.

In Mail, mostly, but I think other places. I used to click a link and the browser would open up on the page in one shot.

How it takes two clicks. The first click just shows the blank homepage ( set to Google); then I have to go back and click again, and then the page comes up. Thanks

Edited by dianne (09/21/19 06:07 AM)
Edit Reason: Moved from the Mac OS X Applications forum.

#52489 - 09/20/19 10:53 AM Re: Firefox - Now need two clicks to get link up? [Re: kevs]
Ira L Online

Loc: California
I do not have the same problem in Mail with Mojave. What are your browser Preferences for opening new windows?

#52492 - 09/20/19 11:25 AM Re: Firefox - Now need two clicks to get link up? [Re: Ira L]
kevs Offline

Thanks Ira, not just Mail, its' links on desktop, links I click from Drag Thing, super nuisance. Firefox is default browser for 10 years. No energy to change it. But the problem seemed to vanished on a 4 days test defaulting to Safari. I've posted on FF site, no one has a clue. Not many are with Mac over there.

#52501 - 09/20/19 08:39 PM Re: Firefox - Now need two clicks to get link up? [Re: kevs]
David Offline

I've noticed that too, for quite a while.

It seems to happen after I quit FF (either intentionally or by hitting cmd-q when I meant to hit cmd-w). The first link click launches FF and brings up the blank page and only the second time does it launch the intended site.

#52502 - 09/20/19 08:58 PM Re: Firefox - Now need two clicks to get link up? [Re: David]
kevs Offline

David, thanks, you are the first person other than myself to notice this. Super Super annoying nuisance.thanks.

But the HECk is this....?

Moderator:  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac