FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Printing bug in Safari 12.1
artie505 #51551 04/13/19 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: artie505
You've misunderstood this, ryck; we're discussing a template for posting at FTM.

Aaaah, now I get it. Thanks for the clarification....and the Apple link. I've just made a mental note: "Try to stay awake when visiting FTM." laugh

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
joemikeb #51553 04/13/19 01:37 PM

Providing the link to bug reporting is going to be very helpful in addition to the template you've pulled from the Technology Preview (that Help > Report an Issue menu choice is not included with normal Safari).

FWIW, I just invested nearly 10 minutes of semi-aimless wandering through the Apple Support site trying to find the Bug Report link without cheating and clicking on the link that artie provided.....I gave up and cheated. confused

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.
MacManiac #51554 04/13/19 02:32 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Instead of cheating, try a search engine. I have learned that it is faster to search DuckDuckGo (or Google) than to search Apple's website (and this applies to many sites, especially Adobe and Microsoft).

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #51555 04/13/19 03:09 PM

Yep, I can see that this is going to be an interesting topic....

Doing a Duck Duck Go search reveals that Apple does not provide a simple path for bug reporting to the general public....there were several third party sites that did a deeper dive into what paths were available.

In essence, if you are a registered Apple Developer, there is a direct path that you can use....but if you are not a registered Apple Developer, you are presented multiple directions that are not clearly a means for bug reporting. THIS 2 year old Apple Discussions thread gives links to the Product Feedback path - and THIS Apple Developer link guides bug reporting for that community.

THIS LifeHacker article provides another path to Apple links as well as paths to follow for other software and hardware makers.

I think we need a sticky within FTM to help clarify the process.

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.
MacManiac #51558 04/13/19 03:59 PM

Just a note: I think this page is primarily for developers, but I KNOW that it's not to be used lightly.

I was once chastised (Actually, the email I received bordered on nasty!) for reporting an issue that could have been reported at Feedback - macOS - Apple.

A good rule of thumb is that if reporting the isue doesn't require submitting either a screenshot or log, it can probably be directed to the feedback page.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
MacManiac #51566 04/13/19 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: MacManiac
I think we need a sticky within FTM to help clarify the process.

Agreed! This is worthy of some discussion of what should be included. You might want to split this off into its own topic — perhaps in FineTunedMac Feedback?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
jchuzi #51646 05/05/19 05:01 PM

Found what several others said - first time you open a page you can print, but not the second time unless in a new tab, works in firefox, etc..

Also this time (today) talking to apple got someone competent (4th person I talked to). Person one had me reset printers wanted to wipe computer as try two. Nope not doing that. Person 2 no idea what to try and sent to supervisor who saw no solution in their system. Called back later, guy is some senior something or other who had me try some more stuff including having safari pretend to be another browser - had same problem. So he is sending this on and then plans to check on this in a couple of days to see what they plan to do about it; if they have even been able to figure out how to fix it...

I went through this thread and gave them the various bug reports people had already filed so that this info is consolidated together.

Last edited by annon1234; 05/05/19 07:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard