FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Trump's tax reform - Just another con
#51103 02/15/19 11:03 PM
ryck Offline OP
OP Offline

It's too bad that most of Trump's base don't or can't read, this might open their eyes.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
Re: Trump's tax reform - Just another con
ryck #51105 02/16/19 11:13 AM

There are, at least, some wealthy people with a conscience. They’re Rich and They’re Mad About Taxes (Too Low!)

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
ryck #51106 02/16/19 03:18 PM

What is really hidden in Trump's tax reform is an increase in taxes paid by the middle class so the tx rate on the wealthy can be reduced. December sales were the lowest in years and with the middle class not receiving tax refunds or worse ending up owing taxes no tax refund speeding bump can be expected. The economic outlook for 2019 is ⤵︎

In the meantime after declaring his non-emergency emergency the Trumpster boarded his private airliner to go play Golf at Mara Lago. (Since he took his private jet and left the vast communications network on Air Force One behind does that mean he doesn't want to know what is going on in the country during a National Emergency?)

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #51107 02/16/19 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
What is really hidden in Trump's tax reform is an increase in taxes paid by the middle class so the [tax] rate on the wealthy can be reduced. December sales were the lowest in years and with the middle class not receiving tax refunds or worse ending up owing taxes no tax refund [speed] bump can be expected. The economic outlook for 2019 is ⤵︎ .

Be that all as it may + many other inequities in tax treatment, what most seem to miss is that lowered tax rates also mean lower withholding rates — which means that affected tax payers see a "refund" up front and may indeed wind up with a lower post-filing refund (and possibly a tax liability).
Frankly, I would like the government qua tax man to have the use of my money for a shorter rather than longer period, especially if a refund is in the works — ie, I want my money to work for me rather than the government.

grelber #51108 02/16/19 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: grelber
Frankly, I would like the government qua tax man to have the use of my money for a shorter rather than longer period, especially if a refund is in the works — ie, I want my money to work for me rather than the government.

I wonder how many people voted Trump's way in the mid-terms because of their bigger paychecks (Think Carter-Reagan debate.) without realizing that they'd been conned defrauded, because at least part of the increase was their own money?

I don't know when the Treasury began financing itself with EXCESSIVE, INTEREST FREE withholding, but some of the refunds I've seen have been obscene...just another way to shift the burden to those who can least afford to bear it.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard