An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#51086 - 02/08/19 07:25 AM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: grelber]
joemikeb Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Come on Grelber, tell us what you REALLY think of the Trump! laugh

FWIW, I generally agree withy you but there are several areas where Trump deserves recognition and acclaim for his unique accomplishments:
  • He has the lowest approval rating of any President since approval ratings have been measured
  • By his own words he is "The King of Borrowers".
  • He is the "King of Bankruptcy'
  • He is a salesman's salesman.
  • He is wildly successful at financing a lavish living style from businesses that operate almost exclusively in the red.
  • His is an extortionist nonpariel when dealing with smaller businesses.
  • He is as con man's con man.
  • He is adept at dealing with corrupt organizations.
  • In spite of his television persona he is a coward
  • He has raised nepotism to new heights
  • He has the highest number and rate of Pinochio's of any past or present politician
  • the list goes on — and on — and on.
So rather than denigrate his actions, I say we should carefully document and highlight his multitudinous accomplishments dubious though they may be.

#51102 - 02/15/19 01:17 AM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: grelber]
grelber Offline

Loc: North of 49th ||
Time to get on with it ...

McCabe Says Justice Dept Officials Had Discussions About Pushing Trump Out

The former deputy FBI director, in a “60 Minutes” interview that will air fully on Sunday, said top department officials had considered recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment.

Release the lions!

#51109 - Yesterday at 12:24 AM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: grelber]
grelber Offline

Someone on Quora asked, “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?”
Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote this magnificent response.

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?”

Pretty much reflects the majority of comments in this forum.

Aside: The Russian transliteration of Trump's name is Трамп which transliterates back into English as "tramp" ... which raises the ancillary question of why one would denigrate beggars, vagrants, or Charlie Chaplin, for that matter.

#51110 - Yesterday at 07:28 AM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: grelber]
artie505 Online

"You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man." shocked

That pretty much sums it up. frown

Very nicely done! grin

In Memory Of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

#51111 - Yesterday at 08:44 AM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: artie505]
freelance Offline

Loc: London, UK
A female Trump supporter was being interviewed by Louis Theroux. When asked about Trump's flaws, she said, "Yeah, he's an #$!&, but he's our #$!&."
Mac Pro dual-2.4 GHz, 10.13.6, 24 Gb RAM, 250 Gb Samsung EVO SSD/Velocity Solo PCIe card, 2x3Tb Seagate HD, 1x3Tb Hitachi HD, Dell 2408WFP; Canon PIXMA iX6550; CanoScan 8800F; MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 10.14.3, 256 Gb SSD; Vodafone Home Hub/BT Wi-Fi Extender.

#51112 - Today at 07:03 AM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: freelance]
deniro Offline

When my brother worked in Washington, he told me that threatening any federal official was against the law, whether you are doing it in print or speech, in jest or not. I discourage everyone from engaging in this kind of thing, for many reasons, regardless of one's political views.
AMD Radeon HD 6770M
Using Apple computers since 1980

#51113 - Today at 10:08 AM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: deniro]
freelance Offline

Loc: London, UK
Good point, but I think they'll be going after Saturday Night Live first.
Mac Pro dual-2.4 GHz, 10.13.6, 24 Gb RAM, 250 Gb Samsung EVO SSD/Velocity Solo PCIe card, 2x3Tb Seagate HD, 1x3Tb Hitachi HD, Dell 2408WFP; Canon PIXMA iX6550; CanoScan 8800F; MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 10.14.3, 256 Gb SSD; Vodafone Home Hub/BT Wi-Fi Extender.

#51114 - Today at 12:13 PM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: deniro]
ryck Online

Loc: Okanagan Valley
Originally Posted By: deniro
When my brother worked in Washington, he told me that threatening any federal official was against the law, whether you are doing it in print or speech, in jest or not.

Define "threatening a federal official". I have to assume that a threat would mean some specified action to bring physical harm, which is quite different from exercising one's freedom of speech rights to voice an opinion.

Edited by ryck (Today at 12:16 PM)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 2400 MHz DDR4
OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Canon MX712 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner
Time Machine on 320GB OWC Mercury OTG Pro
Super Duper on 500GB OWC Mercury OTG Pro

#51115 - Today at 01:55 PM Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 [Re: ryck]
grelber Offline

If all goes according to plan, he'll be coming home from Hanoi in a casket ... attached to the head of an ICBM ... or so one would fervently hope.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alternaut, cyn