for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ipod touch issues
#5075 10/17/09 08:12 PM
OP Offline

1) ever since the last firmware update, my ipod will sometimes change songs when I hit a bump in the road. I live in the Land of Potholes so this is annoying. Besides getting better shocks, is there a way to turn that off?

2) the click feedback sound when typing volume has gone down. it doesn't seem to be tied to the master volume as itunes music is fine. is this set somewhere else? also seems to have happened around the time of the firmware update

3) is there any way to adjust individual track volumes on the ipod? itunes is set to "sound check" tracks but sometimes I have a track that's really quiet that I have to turn up manually in itunes, IF i remember to do it when I get home. (which rarely happens...)

someone needs to write an app that runs while itunes is playing, that you can use to either record changes you want to make to the current song when you get back to itunes, or to outright make the change for you. Like change the EQ for that track, the volume level, remove from the playlist, add to another playlist, etc.

4) related to 3, what's the easiest way to go with a track that's still not loud enough when adjusted in itunes for max volume? I've been using sound edit apps to amplify, but this is not an "every man's" solution for sure. My radio in my truck died and so my itrip is useless and I'm having to use the built in speaker and set it on the dash so it has to be loud.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Re: ipod touch issues
Virtual1 #5082 10/17/09 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Virtual1
1) ever since the last firmware update, my ipod will sometimes change songs when I hit a bump in the road. I live in the Land of Potholes so this is annoying. Besides getting better shocks, is there a way to turn that off?

Settings -> Music -> Shake to Shuffle

2) the click feedback sound when typing volume has gone down. it doesn't seem to be tied to the master volume as itunes music is fine. is this set somewhere else?

Settings -> General -> Sounds -> Keyboard Clicks

3) is there any way to adjust individual track volumes on the ipod?

No, not on the iPod.

someone needs to write an app that runs while itunes is playing, that you can use to either record changes you want to make to the current song when you get back to itunes, or to outright make the change for you. Like change the EQ for that track, the volume level, remove from the playlist, add to another playlist, etc.

The only change we can make to a track while on the iPod (that will then sync back *to* iTunes when connected) is rating. AFAIK.

4) related to 3, what's the easiest way to go with a track that's still not loud enough when adjusted in itunes for max volume? I've been using sound edit apps to amplify, but this is not an "every man's" solution for sure.

The only thing i've tried is iVolume, and it improves upon the built-in Sound Check in iTunes. And if a song needs to be boosted more (than iVolume calculated automatically), we can use iVolume to manually set it higher. [i.e., in a way that actually affects CD burning and iPod playback.]

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 10/17/09 10:24 PM. Reason: added question 1)
Virtual1 #5087 10/17/09 11:26 PM

4) related to 3, what's the easiest way to go with a track that's still not loud enough when adjusted in itunes for max volume? I've been using sound edit apps to amplify, but this is not an "every man's" solution for sure. My radio in my truck died and so my itrip is useless and I'm having to use the built in speaker and set it on the dash so it has to be loud.

An alternative only applicable to earphone use is a good pair of in-ear-canal headphones. The sound transfer of those is so efficient compared to external buds that a much lower volume setting tends to suffice. Of course, this solution is not advisable for use when driving a car, or even when walking outside, as it also drastically reduces important traffic noises.

alternaut moderator
Hal Itosis #5094 10/18/09 01:05 AM
OP Offline

key clicks can be turned on/off, but not the volume of the clicks. The problem I'm having is the click volume is really quiet now.

thx for showing me where the shake was at, that must have been added.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard