for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
List of Apps Having Problems in Mojave
#50623 12/07/18 09:25 PM
OP Offline

I debated whether this belongs in Mac OS X System, Mac OS Applications, or The Lounge and could make a good argument for each. But I finally landed here as the central focus is on Mojave.

OWC's Rocket Yard blog has published a List of Apps Having Problems in Mojave. Mostly the result of remaining 32 bit parts and pieces.

I had some apps that were not doing well on Mojave such as the entire family of Scansnap apps, but those have been replaced with Scansnap Home which is IMO a significant improvement in functionality and performance, but it did take some figuring out to make everything work the way I want it to.

As of this posting my only issue with Mojave is apps that do not support Dark Mode, and the only ones I use a LOT are all from the same developer — Devon Technologies (DEVONThink Pro Office and DEVONAgent Express). Most of the others I use have jumped on the Dark Mode bandwagon with good results and there have been frequent updates fine tuning and improving the Dark Mode experience.

If you are running Mojave and having issues with some app what is the app and what is the issue?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: List of Apps Having Problems in Mojave
joemikeb #50627 12/08/18 12:26 PM

Thanks for that link, Joe. It was very helpful.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Moderated by  alternaut, dkmarsh, joemikeb 

Link Copied to Clipboard