Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mojave!
joemikeb #50151 10/06/18 01:35 AM
OP Online

Thanks for the recommendation.

It's a lot of printer in a wonderfully small package, but its Amazon price is $90 more than that of the Canon I'll likely buy, with much of the extra cost going towards color and print quality capabilities that would be waaay overkill for me, particularly because although I occasionally run into situations in which color capability would be nice, it's never necessary.

I love its compact size, but it just doesn't justify its cost.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #50193 10/12/18 09:22 AM
OP Online

Originally Posted By: artie505
Mail Satellite, which I'm running at the moment is altogether curious...

It's listed as $15 shareware on MacUpdate (for an earlier version than clicking on "Download" delivers), but it's NOT listed on its dev's website, nor do I see any way to pay for it. (I see ~/.../Mail Satellite.app/Contents/Resources/THPurchasedInfoWindowController.nib, but if it's what it sounds like, its purpose has yet to be revealed. I wonder if there's an undisclosed trial period after which it will jump out of the woodwork and say "Boo!" just when I've decided that it's purposeless?)

Turns out that I caught Mail Satellite in its dying moments - before it and its developer disappeared - when it was somehow transformed into freeware, but not announced.

I guess the dev did it as a weird sort of parting gesture. I wonder how many others got lucky?

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #50194 10/12/18 09:31 AM
OP Online

Mojave has so far been a reeeally boring upgrade; I guess it's a tribute to Apple and the beta testers.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alternaut, dkmarsh, joemikeb 

Link Copied to Clipboard