An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ever Wonder If Apple Reads Trouble Reports?
#49416 07/11/18 09:14 PM
OP Online

Over the years I have submitted lots of issues via Apple's Feedback site and as a beta tester through the Beta Testers Feedback App on iOS and MacOS. I have always taken it on faith that someone reads and acts on those reports, but there has been no direct evidence. Until yesterday…

I submitted a report that the Apple Watch App was showing anomalous behavior and did not "see" my Apple Watch to install a recent update. 25 hours and 10 minutes later I received the following email from Apple.
Originally Posted By: Apple
Hi Joe,

We made a server-side fix that may have resolved this issue. Can you try updating to watchOS 4.3.2 again to see if it is fixed for you? If you are still seeing this issue, please provide any reproduction steps so we may investigate further.

Feedback ID xxxxxxxx, Apple Watch update fails

Do not reply to this email. Please log into Feedback Assistant and visit your Inbox to let us know if the problem is fixed for you.

It was! Obviously Apple quickly reads, and acts, upon reported problems even in a beta.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: Ever Wonder If Apple Reads Trouble Reports?
joemikeb #49504 07/17/18 06:59 PM

That's great to see, but I think for the time being (until I see more) I will view this as a "glitch in the matrix" wink

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard