FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Moving Servers (again)
#49297 07/02/18 03:43 AM
tacit Offline OP
OP Offline

Sadly, I must now, once again, move FTM to yet another server.

I plan to do this late Tuesday night, when usage is low. The move should take about an hour. However, the new server has a different IP address, so the site will be unusable until DNS changes propagate. That normally takes about 20 minutes after the move is complete but may be longer or shorter depending on your ISP and how long they cache DNS entries.

Also, the new server will have a new security certificate. After the change, if you see your browser giving security certificate warnings, you may need to empty your cache.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Re: Moving Servers (again)
tacit #49314 07/03/18 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: tacit
... the new server has a different IP address, so the site will be unusable until DNS changes propagate. That normally takes about 20 minutes after the move is complete but may be longer or shorter depending on your ISP and how long they cache DNS entries.

To circumvent such problems with DNS, how about supplying (if possible) the new IPv4 or IPv6 address via this forum prior to switching over?

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard