Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What!!! Again?
#49264 06/29/18 01:45 PM
ryck Offline OP
OP Offline

Five shot dead at work.

I tried to recount a few of the locations an American citizen can expect to be shot and killed. It didn’t take much thinking to come up with in elementary school, in high school, attending church, going to the theater, sitting in your car at a light, walking down the street, answering your front door, attending a music concert, being at your job….and I’m sure there are and will be more places.

And yet the government and so many others can’t acknowledge that there’s a problem. It boggles the mind.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
Re: What!!! Again?
ryck #49268 06/29/18 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck
I tried to recount a few of the locations an American citizen can expect to be shot and killed. It didn’t take much thinking to come up with in elementary school, in high school, attending church, going to the theater, sitting in your car at a light, walking down the street, answering your front door, attending a music concert, being at your job….and I’m sure there are and will be more places.
And yet the government and so many others can’t acknowledge that there’s a problem. It boggles the mind.

And that's why the Okanagan is a great place to live, as are most Canadian locales. Enjoy the bliss.

ryck #49284 07/01/18 02:06 AM

And the NRA's "proposed" solution to the gun problem is to have more citizens carry more guns.

Boggles the mind!

MG2009 #49286 07/01/18 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By: MG2009
And the NRA's "proposed" solution to the gun problem is to have more citizens carry more guns. Boggles the mind!

Hardly. Its raison d'être, massaged over the years, is:
The NRA, the foremost guardian of the traditional American right to "keep and bear arms," believes every law-abiding citizen is entitled to the ownership and legal use of firearms, and that every reputable gun owner should be an NRA member.

The NRA stepped up its mission and Second Amendment rhetoric with the advent of The Gun Control Act of 1968 (which will celebrate its 50th birthday in October). And since Columbine every new shooting atrocity has caused that rhetoric to reverberate.

Not doing the organization any favors has been the ugly presence and propriety-overstepping behavior of its executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, who for all intents and purposes "runs" the NRA — a unique and quite bizarre administrative structure for a supposedly democratic institution. Ever since Waco and Oklahoma City his extremism knows few bounds, often to the chagrin and disgust of the membership — but not enough so to dethrone him.

grelber #49294 07/01/18 05:39 PM

Re: "Its raison d'être, massaged over the years . . . "

---------------------------------------------------

Regardless of their "official" Mission Statement", the end result amounts to the same. (Not unlike the "Guns Don't Kill People; People Kill People" which is chanted from time to time.)

My position is: The more guns lying about, the more likely these will get into the "wrong" hands i.e. thieves, children, scorned significant others, disgruntled employees, teens with issues, and the like.

ryck #49301 07/02/18 11:42 AM

Quote:
This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem.

- Joe Rogan

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard