Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Word weirdness
Pendragon #49188 06/24/18 06:19 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: Pendragon
What happens when you open Font Book and then "validate" all fonts, and, "look for enabled duplicates"?

Font Book validated the entire Lucida Grande file (ie, "no problems").
The latter two options do not show up anywhere in Font Book as possibilities for remedial action.

grelber #49190 06/24/18 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: grelber
What happens when you open Font Book and then "validate" all fonts, and, "look for enabled duplicates"?

Font Book validated the entire Lucida Grande file (ie, "no problems").
The latter two options do not show up anywhere in Font Book as possibilities for remedial action.

I guess you mean the option to "look for enabled duplicates"? If so, it's in Font Book> Menu Bar>Edit (⌘L). Well, at least that's where I noted it. I can but hope both µS and Apple installed Lucida Grande and that is the source of the issue.

Because the problem is so erratic, Safe Booting may not provide a clue, but perhaps it's worth a try.

I suspect you can see that I'm desperate and out of ideas... Still, I'll poke around some and see if something turns up.

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Pendragon #49197 06/24/18 11:40 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

I guess you mean the option to "look for enabled duplicates"? If so, it's in Font Book > Menu Bar > Edit (⌘L). Well, at least that's where I noted it.

Found it. Ran it. No enabled duplicates.
'Tis a poser. But as I said, no functionality issues associated with the phenomenon; it's just weird and whatever it is merely utilizes processor resources for no apparent reason. Ah well ....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard