for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 40 1 2 36 37 38 39 40
Re: Our next president?!!
grelber #46743 10/31/17 12:07 AM

Yup, and it's going to continue worsening as long as these dolts think President Bone Spur is on their side.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #46752 11/01/17 03:32 PM

And, the situation will be unchanged as long as the President issues non-factual information in his tweets, and uses tragedies to further his political goals.

I watched a news conference this morning about the current status of yesterday's terrorist attack in NYC. I wondered why the various officials spent so much time talking about how these events will never defeat the American people. As the news conference unfolded, it became apparent that they were, in part, undoing the damage done by a tweet from the President.

Trump's Tweet: The terrorist came into our country through what is called the "Diversity Visa Lottery Program," a Chuck Schumer beauty. I want merit based.

Governor Cuomo: "The President's tweets were not helpful. I don't think they were factual. I think they tended to point fingers and politicize the situation.

He was referring back to an immigration policy that dealt with a lottery and blaming people who passed that immigration policy. His tweet wasn't even accurate as far as I'm concerned. That was a bi-partisan law that was passed that had, basically, no relevance to the facts of this situation.

As I said before, you play into the hands of the terrorists to the extent that you disrupt and divide and frighten people in this society.

And, the tone now should be the exact opposite by all officials on all levels.

This is about unification; this is about solidarity; this is about nomalization; this is about protection. And the last thing it's about is politics. Period."

Hmmmm. When is someone at the White House Daycare Centre going to realize that they need to take the toys away the Orange Manboy?

Last edited by ryck; 11/01/17 05:50 PM.

ryck

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #46809 11/08/17 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck
And, the situation will be unchanged as long as the President issues non-factual information in his tweets....

When it comes to non-factual tweets, it would appear that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Har har har.

Last edited by ryck; 11/08/17 05:11 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #46811 11/08/17 05:26 PM

As I said before, you play into the hands of the terrorists to the extent that you disrupt and divide and frighten people in this society.

AMEN brother! Since 911 we have been dancing to the tunes chosen by the terrorists.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
ryck #46998 11/23/17 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Virtual1
"North Korea: Trump and Kim call each other mad"

And, as if that schoolyard bully name-calling wasn't enough, Trump has decided that he should scrap with NFL players.

And recently he's decided to scrap with Mr. LaVar Ball, father of the UCLA basketball player released by the Chinese....although, it may have a major upside. Trump's inability to understand his role and focus on it may work to everyone's advantage.

A writer for the Globe, Cathal Kelly, said it much better than I could....I quote:

"Ball floated into Trump's tunnel vision over the past week when his middle son, LiAngelo, a freshman at UCLA, was arrested for shoplifting while on tour with the team in China. In what might be the only successful foreign-policy intervention of his presidency, Trump convinced the Chinese to spring LiAngelo and two of his teammates.

When asked about Trump's involvement, Ball barked, 'Who?' The rest of what he said doesn't matter. He'd hit the target straight off. There can no better way to bait Trump than impugning his fame.

But, honestly, this is probably a best-case scenario. Ball is doing us all a favour – and I mean 'all humans' – by giving the President someone to fixate on. Trump needs a Binky. As long as he has his Binky, he will be less inclined to get out of his crib and spark a global conflagration on Snapchat."

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
grelber #47083 11/30/17 06:15 AM

Just another day in Wonderland ~ Trumporia ...

A selection of malfeasance:

• Insult Native Americans across the board and over the centuries, from the Navajo code talkers to nation founders
• Incite and fuel anti-Muslim sentiment world-wide
• Continue to abuse the middle class via inane tax reform proposals

How much abuse can a nation or the world take before the beckoning abyss?

Perhaps he should for once do the honorable thing and follow the example of Slobodan Praljak, Bosnian war criminal, at his trial in The Hague — if only to spare the cost of having him declared incompetent and removed from office.

grelber #47091 11/30/17 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: grelber
Perhaps he should for once do the honorable thing and follow the example of Slobodan Praljak, Bosnian war criminal, at his trial in The Hague — if only to spare the cost of having him declared incompetent and removed from office.

Ahh but, as many have pointed out, then we get Pence.

In the past the VP alternatives have usually been a fair amount more tolerable than the sitting president, but in this case maybe notsomuch.

Pence is interesting in his own right. I can't recall a VP so completely off the grid this far into a term. Maybe his image is just getting washed out in the blinding that is Trump?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Virtual1 #47092 11/30/17 02:19 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Pence would probably be worse than Trump because he's not stupid and knows how to play the game of politics. Sometimes, better the devil you know...

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #47094 11/30/17 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Pence would probably be worse than Trump because he's not stupid and knows how to play the game of politics.

Yup....and as much as Pence denies it, all of his moves are designed either to run against Trump in 2020 or to step in at the first opportunity. And Trump is probably too stupid to realize that, as soon as opportunity presents itself, Pence will drive in the knife very fast, very deep.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pence has already had conversations with the GOP movers and shakers.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #47097 11/30/17 05:33 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if Pence has already had conversations with the GOP movers and shakers.

I can't imagine them seriously considering Trump for 2020. It would be interesting to see a party back someone other than their sitting president though, has that even ever happened?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
grelber #47117 12/02/17 07:57 AM

And there you have it ... tongue

A Historic Tax Heist

In which Republican donors pick your children’s pockets. Future generations will bear the cost of this terrible bill.

grelber #47122 12/02/17 02:52 PM

In which Republican donors pick your children’s pockets. Future generations will bear the cost of this terrible bill.

It's beyond incredible that various Senators accepted the word of a President who is an inveterate liar and a House Leader who is as slippery as they come, that the shortcomings will get fixed down the road.

I particularly wondered about McCain, who won't be around to make sure these "promises" are kept, and Flake who won't be in office to do the same. What could they possibly have been thinking?

Last edited by ryck; 12/02/17 03:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
grelber #47132 12/03/17 11:34 AM

When a certain numbskull* freely admits (ie, confesses) to obstructing justice, can articles of impeachment not be far behind?!
A correction is a-comin'.
Some might say: "BEST XMAS PRESENT EVER!"

* Or choose your own epithet:
fool, ass, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton; informal dope, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dumbo, dummy, dum-dum, loon, dork, sap, jackass, blockhead, jughead, bonehead, knucklehead, fathead, numbnuts, dumb-ass, doofus, clod, dunderhead, ditz, lummox, dipstick, thickhead, meathead, meatball, woodenhead, airhead, pinhead, lamebrain, peabrain, birdbrain, jerk, nerd, donkey, nitwit, twit, boob, twerp, schmuck, bozo, turkey, chowderhead, dingbat

grelber #47133 12/03/17 04:01 PM

....can articles of impeachment not be far behind?!

I’ve been thinking more about Flynn’s plea deal and the recent Presidential Pardon that Sheriff Arpaio got…..even before he was sentenced.

I think Trump played his hand too soon, with the pardon, and it worked against him with Flynn. Clearly Agent Orange wanted to send a message with Arpaio’s pardon: “Don’t worry. If anyone gets convicted of anything, I’ll take care of it.”

Mueller heard that message clearest of all and then played his cards. Here’s how I envision the conversation Mueller had with Flynn:

Mueller: “I believe you have two options, Mr Flynn. You can decide not to talk and instead rely on getting a presidential pardon because you were loyal to the president. Keep in mind that the president has a lifelong record of stiffing people who were loyal to him. Just ask his innumerable business associates, like the small business people driven into bankruptcy. Or if you want more recent examples, talk to people he tossed under the bus, like Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christy. While you’re at, it ask Jeff Sessions and Rex Tillerson how secure they feel.

Or, Mr Flynn, you can rely on a plea deal whose words will be crafted with the participation of your lawyers and which will be put in writing. What will it be?”

Flynn: “I’ll take door number 2.”

Last edited by ryck; 12/03/17 04:11 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
grelber #47142 12/05/17 03:23 PM

Just came across this gem, descriptive of YKW*:

snollygoster (noun, slang)

One, especially a politician, who is guided by personal advantage rather than by consistent, respectable principles.

Origin: Perhaps alteration of snallygaster, a mythical beast said to prey on poultry and children; perhaps from Pennsylvania Dutch schnelle geeschter.

* YKW = you know who (in case it's not obvious)

grelber #47164 12/07/17 04:30 AM

Just came across this gem....

Or, for a real gem..... In our dreams.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #47169 12/07/17 01:10 PM

👍👍👍

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #47173 12/07/17 06:23 PM

What Joe said.

Indeed I will view it several times...

Thanks for posting!

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
jchuzi #47239 12/15/17 03:23 PM

Okay, nobody else has said it yet, so I will: "Thanks, Alabama".

I thought the begrudging congratulation from the Combover-In-Chief really showed how shallowly he thinks. He intimated that it was really only because of the write-in votes. Apparently he hasn't thought about what that means. From all the interviews I saw, people were doing a write-in vote because 1) Ideologically, they just couldn't vote for a Democrat and 2) because, ethically, they couldn't vote for a sexual predator.

It sounds to me like a significant portion of Trump's base was saying they couldn't bring themselves to vote for someone like him. It'll be interesting to see how that attitude affects the big election vote in 2020.

Last edited by ryck; 12/15/17 09:34 PM. Reason: grammar

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
grelber #47256 12/19/17 06:53 PM

Just came across this gem.....

Agent Orange just keeps 'em coming. This recent judicial appointment is a real belly laugh.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #47257 12/19/17 07:02 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Why am I not laughing? Fortunately, he withdrew his nomination.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #47260 12/20/17 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Why am I not laughing?

I don't know why but, in my opinion, the United States President has (and will) create so much tragedy and sadness that it will be overwhelming if one allows it to be. Then, the fat orange kid in the White House Adult Daycare Centre wins. We don't stop opposing him, or calling out his more egregious acts, but I think we also need to grab whatever opportunities he offers, through his stupidity, to laugh at him. Otherwise, we'll all go bananas.

And let's face it....following the stupidity of this nomination, and the equally stupid idea that both clowns figured they could pull it off, was a pretty hilarious performance in front of that tribunal.

Last edited by ryck; 12/20/17 01:59 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
grelber #47277 12/23/17 07:51 AM

grelber #47328 12/29/17 10:00 PM

And there you have it ... tongue

A Historic Tax Heist

And now Marco Rubio muses "I wonder if we made a mistake?" Well, duh, Marco.

Why wonder now, Senator? Before voting you already knew that trickle-down was a dismal failure under Reagan and you had just watched what 10 years of corporate tax cuts did for jobs in Canada - absolutely nothing. And yet you voted for Trump's Bill, as though it'd be different this time.

You and your Republican cohorts didn't even get rid of the loophole involving so-called "pass-through businesses" that is expected to be exploited to its fullest extent by business owners. One of those business owners is Donald Trump, whose company is comprised of many pass-through businesses.

Really Senator Rubio, did you believe Trump when he said, about the tax bill: “It’s not good for me. Believe me.”

Last edited by ryck; 12/29/17 10:10 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #47334 12/30/17 02:52 PM

Take heart! The nightmare will end in 2021. Ain't no way Trump gets enough votes to win the 2020 election, if he even decides to run again. A "close friend" of his predicted that he would resign before the end of 2017. Well, that didn't happen, but, who knows, maybe he will get bored with it and just quit. One can only hope.

Last edited by Gregg; 12/30/17 02:52 PM. Reason: typo
Page 38 of 40 1 2 36 37 38 39 40

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard