An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Topic Options
#47168 - 12/07/17 05:06 AM macOS Sierra update can’t be installed on Disk
MarkG Offline

I get this message when I try to install the combo updater for Sierra 10.12.6
macOS Sierra update can’t be installed on this disk. The volume does not meet the requirements for this update
I have. MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Memory 8 GB 170 GB of free space
Have tried Safe boot, Zapping the Pram, DiskWarrior
I just wanted to rerun the Combo

#47170 - 12/07/17 05:17 AM Re: macOS Sierra update can’t be installed on Disk [Re: MarkG]
joemikeb Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Apparently you aren't the only one encountering this issue with the combo updater. You will find some suggestions from Apple in the Apple Support Communities.

#47178 - 12/08/17 05:55 AM Re: macOS Sierra update can’t be installed on Disk [Re: joemikeb]
MarkG Offline

Thanks for info. I had already tried a bunch of those ideas including reinstalling from the recovery disk the whole system (not an erase) and no success. I guess I will have to wait for the next update and hope they fix it. I had the same issue much earlier and they fixed it so I will see

#47179 - 12/08/17 07:17 AM Re: macOS Sierra update can’t be installed on Disk [Re: MarkG]
joemikeb Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Sierra is no longer under development and while their might be a security patch any updatesare highly unlikely. There is however an upgrade, High Sierra (MacOS 10.13.2) which is a free download from the App Store.

Moderator:  alternaut, dkmarsh, joemikeb