for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
App Store Question
#46478 09/29/17 06:44 AM
OP Online

I must be doing something wrong, but I haven't got a clue what it might be.

I can't get High Sierra to appear in my App Store "Purchased" tab no matter what I try.

These screenshots detail what happens when I d/l it while logged in to the App Store...
  1. During d/l
  2. After d/l completes and Installer launches (Notice the grayed out "Installed" button.)
  3. When I go back to the App Store (I don't know what it opens, because I've deleted the installer and shut down/restarted.)
  4. After I delete whatever High Sierra stuff EasyFind finds and I can d/l again
In case it's important, I did a clean install of HS on a volume on my external.

Does anybody know what I've got to do to get HS to appear as "Purchased"?

Thanks.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: App Store Question
artie505 #46488 09/29/17 04:36 PM

just try searching for it in the store. they may have removed and re-added it. in that case the name is the same but the internal id/sn is different so it can't find the purchase maybe? then if you download it again it'll show up under your purchased again?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
artie505 #46492 09/29/17 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: artie505
... Does anybody know what I've got to do to get HS to appear as "Purchased"? ...

HS shows "Download" for me at the MAS. So, it seems to follow "Download" will not change to "Purchased" even though its been installed. ...Also, 10.13 does not show up under my MAS Purchased tab (as I recall, Sierra didn't either after I installed it).

MacStudio M1max - 14.4.1, 64 GB Ram, 4TB SSD; Studio Display; iPhone 13mini; Watch 9; iPadPro (M2) 11" WiFi
Virtual1 #46501 09/30/17 06:06 AM
OP Online

Originally Posted By: Virtual1
just try searching for it in the store. they may have removed and re-added it. in that case the name is the same but the internal id/sn is different so it can't find the purchase maybe? then if you download it again it'll show up under your purchased again?

Thanks, but I've d/l'ed it multiple times already, and under an assortment of circumstances, and it has never shown as purchased.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
pbGuy #46502 09/30/17 06:52 AM
OP Online

Originally Posted By: pbGuy
Also, 10.13 does not show up under my MAS Purchased tab (as I recall, Sierra didn't either after I installed it).

Neither Sierra nor High Sierra appears under my "Purchased" tab either, but Yosemite and El Cap do, and they're still available for d/l, which is why I'm wondering about the more recent macOS versions.

I've got Install macOS Sierra & High Sierra.app archived against future need, so this isn't critical; I'm just wondering whether the the App Store has changed or I'm simply not duplicating my earlier upgrade procedures. confused

Update: Got it! I just found macOS Sierra and Later Not Listed in Mac App Store Purchased Tab....

So, to facilitate Macs changing hands, Apple has un-facilitated d/l'ing macOS; their's either something seriously wrong with their logic, or they're "crazy as a fox". tongue

artie505 #46513 09/30/17 02:49 PM

So, to facilitate Macs changing hands, Apple has un-facilitated d/l'ing macOS; their's either something seriously wrong with their logic, or they're "crazy as a fox". tongue

Other posts have stated this, but Recovery Boot Mode provides for ways to install older and current systems, perhaps obviating the need to archive purchases in the App Store:

Command-R
Reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac, without upgrading to a later version.1
Option-Command-R
Upgrade to the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.2
Shift-Option-Command-R
Requires macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later
Reinstall the macOS that came with your Mac, or the version closest to it that is still available.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
Ira L #46516 09/30/17 03:24 PM
OP Online

Originally Posted By: Ira L

Other posts have stated this, but Recovery Boot Mode provides for ways to install older and current systems, perhaps obviating the need to archive purchases in the App Store:

Only perhaps.

The original setup was all inclusive, while the new one is limited at today's date and will be even more-so as new versions of macOS are released, because with Apple's current release schedule, supported Macs are able to run many more versions of OS X/mac OS than just the three offered in Recovery Mode.

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard