for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
new person question on lounge content??
#4612 10/02/09 12:57 PM
OP Offline

hi all, just signed on here and have a question re appropriate thread subject for LOUNGE. am confused as it appears that alot of the thread subjects deal with "mac" issues, which I think would be more appropriate in the tech sections. with the lounge for non- mac topics

Can someone explain how this LOUNGE section works. ????? just trying to get my bearings here.

thanks

Sue
Re: new person question on lounge content??
mbprogirl #4613 10/02/09 02:12 PM

The idea is troubleshooting questions are lodged in the technical forums. The intent is to make the threads in those forums a useful reference source without overloading them with extraneous material to wade through.

Comments, news, information, gripes, rants, etc are lodged in the Forum. Hopefully we will be adding a new forum in the FineTunedMac Community where we can get better gradiation in the future.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #4614 10/02/09 02:28 PM
OP Offline

thanks for the clarification joemikeb. I was thinking somewhat the same as you mentioned for the future = maybe an added area designated solely for all those issues having to do with computer / technology topic headings that are not technically "tech" issues, so that they would be grouped together for reference and interest, while leaving the LOUNGE for non-technology topics. but as I said, I'm new here and just trying to figure out where to put what and what is appropriate where , or if even here. :-). So I'll just keep watching to see if I (when) I can get my dimming brain to wrap around the format ;-) so I can contribute.

Sue

Last edited by mbprogirl; 10/02/09 02:29 PM.

Sue
mbprogirl #4615 10/02/09 02:51 PM

Welcome to the forums and if you have a question of where a topic should be lodged make your best guess. If it is not the best or most desired location one of the moderators will move your post and leave a note in the original location for ten days so you will know where it has gone. laugh That is what we get paid the big bucks for doing confused laugh

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard