FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 40 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 39 40
Re: Our [next] president?!!
ryck #45193 06/16/17 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: ryck
Meanwhile, across town Robert Mueller is assembling the strongest legal team possible...

And now we hear that Robert Mueller will be investigating Donald Trump for possible obstruction of justice , the very charge that brought down the Nixon government.

As well, we hear that Mr. Mueller will be investigating Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, for matters related to his business dealings.

To all of this I can only say: "You go, Bob." Gosh I'm enjoying this. Does it show?

Last edited by ryck; 06/16/17 08:56 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45195 06/16/17 10:12 AM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

I'm not enjoying this. Our government is in disarray, the MIdeast is becoming, if possible, more unstable, and our very existence is in danger due to global warming and other atrocities perpetrated in the Anthropocene period. I would have much preferred that Trump and the Republicans had developed some sanity and ethics.

This is, to make a gross understatement, not good.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #45197 06/16/17 02:46 PM

Clarification needed.....neither am I enjoying either the fact of Trump's Presidency or the entirely possible consequences. However, I am greatly enjoying the flurry of events surrounding Trump that may bring him down and prevent those catastrophes.

Last edited by ryck; 06/16/17 02:47 PM.

ryck

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
jchuzi #45199 06/16/17 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
... I would have much preferred that Trump and the Republicans had developed some sanity and ethics.

That's pretty much never going to happen. There has to be a neural and moral base on which to build, and that is usually developmentally established by the age of 5.
Psychologically unstable bozos — ie, Señor Hitler and his 60 million supporters — pretty much fall outside the pale of the possible.
In other words: You can't expect to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
So, strap yourself in and prepare for the wild ride to come.

grelber #45463 06/29/17 04:33 PM

I would have much preferred that Trump and the Republicans had developed some sanity and ethics.

Originally Posted By: grelber
That's pretty much never going to happen. There has to be a neural and moral base on which to build...

Now America's number one bully-boy Trump has launched a Twitter attack on a female journalist, and his press person Sarah Sanders has defended him suggesting this is just his way of countering an attack.

Perhaps both Trump and Sanders should borrow a dictionary and look up the meaning of sophomoric.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
grelber #45482 06/30/17 05:41 PM

So, strap yourself in and prepare for the wild ride to come.

Our American friends are not the only ones who may need to heed that advice. A week ago the Toronto Star's award-winning journalist, Bob Hepburn, wrote a piece stating that Trump should not be welcomed in Canada.

This week Mr. Hepburn commented on the profanity-laced vitriol that came his way from Canadian right wingers as a result of the column last week. Given that...

a) this past year the Conservative Party managed to raise millions in funding, and
b) in their recent leadership race they seriously considered a man who is a short version of Trump (without the aerie on his head)

....we should consider the response to Mr. Hepburn's column to be instructive, even if the responders do not represent a majority of Canadians.

Anyone wishing to support a lifetime ban on Trump entering Canada can do so here.

Last edited by ryck; 06/30/17 05:44 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45813 07/25/17 12:27 PM

Just when everyone thought that President Trump couldn't possibly get any more childish, he fools us. In an address to the Boy Scout Jamboree he tells them that the media were dishonest and would not show the size of the Boy Scout jamboree on television.

Whaaaat?

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45824 07/25/17 08:12 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Our taxes pay for Senator McCain's health care. Why doesn't he care about the rest of us? Is he a toady for a president who derided him during the campaign? McCain Returns to Washington to Cast a Vote to Help the President Who Derided Him

As a fellow human being, I sympathize with his plight, but I cannot condone his vote, nor can I condone anyone who voted for this.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #45829 07/26/17 01:28 PM

Our taxes pay for Senator McCain's health care. Why doesn't he care about the rest of us?

Because he is nothing more than just another two-faced Republican. Early in the day he is very clear that he is only voting to begin debate on repealing the Affordable Care Act. He is even clearer that he would definitely not vote for a Senate health care bill without major changes. And yet, later the very same day, that's exactly what he does.

And, in doing so, McCain goes along with the real Republican view on healthcare which is that it is only for those who can afford it. Why else would the Republicans be unyielding in their belief that private enterprise (the insurers) must be allowed to profit from the American citizen's health problems?

Obama realized that he could never get around that greedy position so he came up with a compromise. Everybody is in. The people who pay but don't use will support those who pay and do use (just like any insurance plan). He knew some of the people compelled to be in could not afford to pay (the poor people) so he added a tax-funded component called Medicaid.

However, Medicaid isn't private enterprise so the Republicans keep coming up with changes that would keep the private enterprise insurance piece (some pay and don't need, some pay and do need) while they toss out Medicaid, the piece that helps the poor.

The Republicans don't give a rat's ass about people who don't have money.

Last edited by ryck; 07/26/17 01:34 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45830 07/26/17 03:21 PM

Just when everyone thought that President Trump couldn't possibly get any more childish, he fools us.

Globe and Mail writer Elizabeth Renzetti commented best on Trump's appearance before the Boy Scouts by comparing his address with those of two previous presidents:

“When George W. Bush addressed the Boy Scout jamboree in 2005, he gave the Scouts two pieces of advice: Listen to your mother, and remember to be true to your beliefs.

Fifty-five years earlier, another president, Dwight Eisenhower, used the jamboree to talk about the rights and responsibilities of citizenship: “True patriotism places the public good above individual advantage. It is not tainted by false pride in might, in size, in overwhelming power.”

Donald Trump chose to stand in front of thousands of Scouts and talk about “the hottest people” at a New York party, the fake-news media, the size of his electoral college win and how he might fire the secretary of health and human services, Tom Price, who just happened to be on stage with him.”

What can I say? Oh yes, "What a jackass!"

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45833 07/26/17 04:18 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

What can I say? Oh yes, "What a jackass!"
Please! Let's not insult jackasses. They have way more intelligence than this.

Jon

jchuzi #45839 07/27/17 09:27 AM

Trump Says Transgender People Will Not Be Allowed in the Military

If that doesn't definitively indicate that POTUS 45 is an egregiously/dangerously imbecilic fascist* bigot who's taking the whole country down the bottomless biffy, I don't know what does. The Founding Fathers weep.

[* "Fascism tends to include a belief in the supremacy of one national or ethnic group, a contempt for democracy, an insistence on obedience to a powerful leader, and a strong demagogic approach." Sound familiar?!]

grelber #45846 07/27/17 04:53 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

The newest oxymoron: "Justice Department". Justice Dept. Weighs In Against Protections for Gays in the Workplace Or is it doublespeak?

Jon

jchuzi #45847 07/27/17 09:41 PM

The newest oxymoron: "Justice Department". Justice Dept Weighs In Against Protections for Gays in the Workplace Or is it doublespeak?

To maintain the metaphor (ie, 1984): Newspeak.

grelber #45850 07/28/17 08:15 AM

Now that the Avoidable Care Act has been well and truly toasted, White House staffers are turning on each other and chowing down — more than a frisson of fubar. And that ain't fake news.

As for the latter, SNL's new series, Weekend Update, promises to be the bee's knees. Yowzah.

jchuzi #45853 07/28/17 02:29 PM

Our taxes pay for Senator McCain's health care. Why doesn't he care about the rest of us?

Because he is nothing more than just another two-faced Republican.

And then Senator McCain makes my words look stupid by kicking the act (and President Trump) in the butt. I wonder which vegetables go best with crow?

Last edited by ryck; 07/28/17 02:30 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45855 07/28/17 04:05 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself. There was an editorial in the San Francisco Chronicle a couple days ago chastising McCain for voting to allow consideration of a pseudo-health care proposal. The same sentiments were repeated by Arizona newspapers. Specifically, McCain can talk the talk (his speech upon returning to the Senate) but can he walk the walk; i.e., his recent (at that time) vote? Perhaps some of those, along with his constituents, had an impact on him (cf. his recent vote).

Last edited by Ira L; 07/28/17 04:06 PM.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
grelber #45859 07/28/17 11:57 PM

....White House staffers are turning on each other and chowing down — more than a frisson of fubar. And that ain't fake news.

As for the latter, SNL's new series, Weekend Update, promises to be the bee's knees. Yowzah.

Definitely no lack of material. The disfunction in the White House this past week was succinctly wrapped up by Anderson Cooper's lead-in to his show today.

"Good evening and welcome to the end of President Trump's "American Heroes Week". And, just when you thought it was safe to go to Happy Hour, there's more breaking news tonight. About 24 hours after it was revealed the new White House Communications Director called him "an f***ing paranoid schizophrenic", and accused him of being a leaker, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus is out as Chief of Staff. General John Kelly is in.

Now, before we get into details of how this all happened, let's just for a moment take a at all the frankly bizarre things that have gone on this week.

On Monday, Jared Kushner appeared before the Senate Intelligence Committee (it seems like a year ago) admitting he had four meetings with Russians. On the same day the President gave a speech in front of thousands of cheering and chanting Boy Scouts - a speech that the Boy Scouts later had to apologize for.

In the same vein, the Suffolk County Police Department today distanced itself from a speech the President gave in which he encouraged officers to be rougher with people they arrest.

Back to the timeline of the week... Tuesday the President said on camera what he had been saying on Twitter - that he was disappointed in Attorney General Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from the Russian investigation.

The President followed that up bright and early Wednesday, announcing on Twitter that transgender people were now banned from serving in the military - an announcement the military said the next day "means nothing for now".

And yesterday we heard more than we ever thought we would hear about White House dysfunction from the mouth of Anthony Scaramucci.

Which brings us to today - Reince Priebus out. It turns out he resigned yesterday (he says) after the name-calling and allegations of leaking against him. We didn't find out about it until late today.

The first part, about what Scaramucci said about Reince Priebus in a phone call to CNN yesterday, insisted they were "bros". Not the type of "bros" that Scaramucci says he and the President are, but "bros" in a more biblical sense...(Quote from Scaramucci describing it like Cain and Abel)

Now, if you're not up on your Bible stories, Cain actually killed Abel.

Happy "American Heroes Week". Oh yeah, I nearly forgot to mention...in the early hours of today the Senate voted against the bill to repeal parts of Obamacare."

Last edited by ryck; 07/28/17 11:59 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45864 07/29/17 03:55 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Lewis Carroll must have had Trump in mind when he wrote about Wonderland. Trump Urges End of Filibuster to Pass Health Bill, Which Failed Without It. Here's a great quote:

But Mr. McConnell’s former chief of staff, Josh Holmes, cited Mr. Trump’s tweets on Saturday as he sardonically suggested a “search for the idiot who keeps putting the President on irrelevant and counterproductive crusades.”

The identity of the idiot is rather obvious...

Jon

grelber #45869 07/30/17 09:23 PM

In case you haven't been paying attention — and who could blame you? — in recent days PTSD has been redefined as:
President Trump Stress Disorder — applying not only to the White House drama queens but to the US population in general (except those living in abject denial).

grelber #45873 07/30/17 10:02 PM

One of the most interesting things this past week was a PEW Poll that found global confidence in world leaders "to do the right thing" was:

Donald Trump 22%
Vladimir Putin 27%
Xi Jinping 28%
Angela Merkel, almost doubling Trump at 42%

As interesting as those global numbers are, even more interesting figures were in the United States:

Donald Trump 46%
Angela Merkel 56%

It seems most of the American public is fully aware that Trump is squandering their influence in the world and that the Republican Party doesn't have the spine to do anything about it. Unfortunately, the Republican Court Jesters like Ryan and McConnell would rather kiss the King Clown's polka-dot butt than act in the interest of their country. Shame!

Last edited by ryck; 07/30/17 10:03 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45874 07/30/17 11:34 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

What does Putin really want? Daniel Hoffman says it all in The Russians Were Involved. But It Wasn’t About Collusion. This makes complete sense to me.

Jon

ryck #45952 08/10/17 07:55 AM

One of the most interesting things........was a PEW Poll that found global confidence in world leaders "to do the right thing" was:

Donald Trump 22%
Vladimir Putin 27%
Xi Jinping 28%
Angela Merkel, almost doubling Trump at 42%

This week we have President Trump, yet again repeating one of his most tiresome phrases "like the world has never seen", threatening North Korea with fire and fury. As would be expected, North Korea responded in kind.

I am quite sure each of the leaders is looking at the other and thinking "Man, is that guy unstable". And, of course, they're both right.

Last edited by ryck; 08/10/17 07:56 AM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #45953 08/10/17 08:38 AM

I am quite sure each of the leaders is looking at the other and thinking "Man, is that guy unstable". And, of course, they're both right.

Time to get back to the Diefenbunker?! Or will "duck and cover" suffice?

grelber #45954 08/10/17 03:47 PM

Time to get back to the Diefenbunker?!

Maybe it's time for someone to tell the two kids that the adults will now take over.

Last edited by ryck; 08/10/17 03:48 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
Page 35 of 40 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 39 40

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard