FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gmail going to Spam all the time
#44027 03/18/17 01:36 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Anyone notice that their client receive their emails to their spam folder quite a bit? This even happens when initiate the email me first, and I reply. It's maddening.

Re: Gmail going to Spam all the time
kevs #44028 03/18/17 01:42 AM

Could this be related to or similar to the problem you had years ago with your email address having been marked as a source of spam?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #44029 03/18/17 01:56 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Well that's the genesis, but my email is now whitelisted and testng good for spam. So I'm just seeing what others have to say.

Artie, you can take a break from my threads for a bit. Your responses have been a bit draining lately! Though I'm sure you mean well.

Here is the rule: When I post I'm looking for concrete answer to a annoying issue. Preferably someone who has suffered the same issue and solved it. I'm not looking for side questions and guess. Thanks!

kevs #44035 03/18/17 07:43 AM

This is a troubleshooting forum, kevs, and since troubleshooting should begin at home, with a look at what you may have done to cause your problem, it's certainly not the least bit snide, nor unreasonable, or even slightly off-base of me to suggest that since you've been tagged as a spammer in the past and have posted that you continue to send out mass-mailings you may have been tagged again...as your problem suggests may be the case.

I'll guess that searching the net didn't turn up a whole lot of people, if any, reporting the same problem you're experiencing...obviously not a solution, so you'd do yourself a favor by leaving yourself open to all ideas.

Last edited by artie505; 03/19/17 06:00 AM. Reason: ekoP

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #44036 03/18/17 02:21 PM

Artie, please don't poke the bear......or to be be more specific, please don't engage negatively with our membership if they respond to you as Kevs has done.

Your presence here is very notable and many times helpful....but if you get a request from someone else here to back off, please don't lean in harder.

Consider yourself gently Moderated....

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.
kevs #44038 03/18/17 04:34 PM

There a number of services that rate messges likelihood of being spam and thus chucked into the recipient's junk mailbox. Google's spam algorithm for example has 200 rating factors. The odds are it isn't your email address that is blacklisted, rather it is the content, format, and construction of your messages. There are services that will check the spam rating of your messages such as Mail-tester.com. A google or DuckDuckGo search for "spam rating checker" will turn up many others. I suggest submitting some of your messages to one or more of these services and find out what your spam rating is.

Beause of spam rating factors, our church found it easier and more reliable to quit sending the newsletter in email and instead sends a notification message with a link to the actual content in a web page. Even with that, because of the number of messages we send we still have to use Constant Contact to assure reliable delivery.

Last edited by joemikeb; 03/18/17 04:43 PM. Reason: Add Constant Contact

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #44049 03/19/17 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Google's spam algorithm for example has 200 rating factors.

Your linked doc doesn't deal with spam, rather it's a compilation of the 200 factors Google considers when ranking search results. (Kinda ironic that it's the top hit in a search for "Google spam factors". tongue confused )

artie505 #44057 03/20/17 07:27 AM

There's some insight into Google's spam detection techniques here, including...

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Spam detection basically works on the basis of "filters" (settings that are constantly updated based on new technologies, new spam identification and the feedback given by Gmail users about potential spammers.)

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard