FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 40 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 39 40
Re: Our next president?!!
jchuzi #43735 02/24/17 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the #$!& in Washington.

Ha, ha, ha….good one. Although you could have stayed with the medical theme, as rectal orifice(s) would have worked……and then the #$!&(s) in Washington wouldn't have any idea what you said. Ha, ha, ha.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
joemikeb #43742 02/24/17 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck
And now we have expert opinions that Trump is indeed a nut case.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
…and more and more mental health experts are adding the adjective dangerous as in "dangerous nutcase".

Referring to the media as "The Opposition Party", the White House has now banned key media outlets (CNN, New York Times, L.A. Times, Politico and others) from White House briefings. It's hard not to conclude that the ban is due to the these media reporting facts that the White House doesn't like reported.

Another nutcase, Hitler, wrote in Mein Kampf:

"“The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan.”

According to the United Kingdom's History Learning site:

"Control of newspapers was put into the hands of Joseph Goebbels, the head of the Ministry of Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda. Goebbels set up a department within the ministry that dealt solely with newspapers. The newspapers had to spread the same message as everything else – Gleischaltung – the coordination of the whole of Nazi German society so that it acted and thought the same. Therefore people could only read the news as it was presented to them by the government."

The Hitler and Trump views/actions sure look the same to me.

Last edited by ryck; 02/24/17 08:06 PM.

ryck

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #43745 02/24/17 09:02 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

And here's another example of manipulating facts: THE EPA HAS STARTED TO REMOVE OBAMA-ERA INFORMATION

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
grelber #43754 02/25/17 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: grelber
... today's (and past days') headlines indicate that Trump's latterday pogroms are just beginning. If he were literate, he might well have taken his game plan from Mein Kampf.

The equivalent of the Night of the Long Knives (cf 1934) is underway; can his version of Kristallnacht (cf 1938) be far behind?

The news media, (im)migrants and the LGBT community are already on the chopping block. Who and what is next? Purging of academics at all levels seems likely (especially given the new Secretary of Education).

Those who ignore history are doomed to relive it.

The Brown Shirts are coming! The Brown Shirts are coming!

Trump Intensifies His Attacks on Journalists and Condemns F.B.I. ‘Leakers’

• In a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference, President Trump escalated his attacks on journalists and said that the FBI was putting the United States at risk.
• Hours later, reporters from The Times, CNN and Politico were barred from Sean Spicer’s office as he briefed journalists.

Tomorrow's headline today: Kim Jong Un and Trump Donald Vie for Bottom-Feeder-in-Chief Title

grelber #43755 02/25/17 03:43 PM

In a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference, President Trump escalated his attacks on journalists….

A centrepiece of Trump's attack was his contention that the media should not be allowed to quote anonymous sources, insisting that such sources allowed the media to release fake news. Trump said: "I'm against people who make up stories and make up sources."

And yet Trump believes it's okay if he uses anonymous sources to support the stories he makes up. In the afternoon of 8/6/12 Trump tweeted: "An 'extremely credible source' called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud."

And, of course, Trump stuck by his lie for years.

Last edited by ryck; 02/25/17 11:48 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
grelber #43774 02/27/17 09:23 AM

Is this what happened on November 8th? And can we get the right envelope* as well as an apology?

If It Were a Hollywood Movie, You’d Never Believe It

It is the nightmare scenario of every awards show: “Moonlight” won the Oscar for best picture, but not before “La La Land” was mistakenly announced as the winner.

* "The presenters had mistakenly been given the wrong category envelope and when discovered, was immediately corrected. We are currently investigating how this could have happened.”

ryck #43775 02/27/17 04:01 PM

A centrepiece of Trump's attack was his contention that the media should not be allowed to quote anonymous sources, insisting that such sources allowed the media to release fake news. Trump said: "I'm against people who make up stories and make up sources."

And yet Trump believes it's okay if he uses anonymous sources to support the stories he makes up. In the afternoon of 8/6/12 Trump tweeted: "An 'extremely credible source' called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud."

And, of course, Trump stuck by his lie for years.
As much as I hate to admit it, in today's news environment there is at least a grain of truth in Voldemort's assertions. News media have always relied on "unnamed sources" for news content. That anonymity being essential to not only protecting the source from retribution but assuring the source continued to be a "reliable" source. This worked well in the heyday of major news organizations such as the Associated Press, New York Times, the three major broadcast news networks, etc because those institutions spent a lot of effort and no small amount of money "verifying" those unnamed sources information, usually with at least two other unrelated sources. Their veracity was their stock in trade!

Unfortunately in today's internet news world, there is too often little or no editorial oversight and fact checking is often "That story fits my personal prejudices, especially the part that I made up to pad the unverified rumor the story is based on." Most of the old line news organizations still make some effort at editorial oversight and fact checking, but ever tighter budgets require more dependence on freelance reporters desperate to get published and perhaps a bit fast and loose with facts. Additionally, they are often overwhelmed by other big organizations catering to specific political viewpoints who believe supporting their agenda overrides any necessity to more than the nearest rumor behind the story and facts be damned. Institutions on all sides of the political spectrum are guilty of that, but from my viewpoint it appears those who support Voldemort are the most egregious by far.

Voldemort's complaints however begin to ring hollow when he excludes any organization that has the temerity to question anything he says. Even those notoriously biased In his favor such as Fox News have been vilified and barred from press briefings. His distorted view of the facts seems to be based on, "I am president emporer, therefore anything I say is by decree factual and to question it is tantamount to treason."

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43777 02/27/17 04:22 PM

Voldemort's complaints however begin to ring hollow when he excludes any organization that has the temerity to question anything he says. Even those notoriously biased In his favor such as Fox News have been vilified and barred from press briefings. His distorted view of the facts seems to be based on, "I am president [emperor], therefore anything I say is by decree factual and to question it is tantamount to treason."

Time (for everyone) to re-read Animal Farm and 1984, n'est-ce pas?

grelber #43787 02/27/17 05:21 PM

I am already having nightmares, I don't need more.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43789 02/27/17 06:40 PM

I am already having nightmares, I don't need more.

Then you're probably destined for Room 222. tongue

grelber #43790 02/27/17 07:08 PM

Then you're probably destined for Room 222. tongue

ROFL 🤣

At the moment that is about all I can do except bombard all my representatives in Washington and Austin. Unfortunately all but a few of them are about as smart as a box of rocks and think Voldemort's out house smells like a rose garden.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43795 02/28/17 01:05 AM

News media have always relied on "unnamed sources" for news content. That anonymity being essential to not only protecting the source from retribution but assuring the source continued to be a "reliable" source. This worked well in the heyday of major news organizations such as the Associated Press, New York Times, the three major broadcast news networks, etc because those institutions spent a lot of effort and no small amount of money "verifying" those unnamed sources information, usually with at least two other unrelated sources. Their veracity was their stock in trade!

I have no reason to believe that it isn't still generally so with the major news suppliers. I think that, even in the race to get the news out first, most are of the view that "It's better to be second and right, than first and wrong". Once in a while an error is made but they are always quick to correct the record.

That's not so with the network-based outfits who label themselves as news outlets but simply make things up, much like the tabloids by the supermarket cash registers. And, correcting the record is something we will never see from Trump.

Trump has hurled many accusations of unfair or incorrect coverage while concocting the stories that he complains about. Most recently he railed against CNN, accusing them of making wrong statements, and he kept on doing so even after they showed that they had not.

Last edited by ryck; 02/28/17 01:08 AM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
joemikeb #43796 02/28/17 01:08 AM

I am already having nightmares…..

The whole world is having headaches…..and they'll get worse tomorrow when he announces his decision to start an arms race.

Last edited by ryck; 02/28/17 01:11 AM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
joemikeb #43815 03/01/17 08:20 AM

His distorted view of the facts seems to be based on, "I am president emporer, therefore anything I say is by decree factual and to question it is tantamount to treason."

Or, dishonesty is just in his DNA.

This week a Trump-branded building was opened in Vancouver B.C. and a news release from Trump Hotels said: "The twisting $360-million tower ... is one of the tallest buildings in the city at 69 storeys high".

However, their media contact for the Vancouver opening had to admit that the building is only 63 floors. To get to 69 they counted 6 below-ground parking levels.

Apparently it is not new for the Trump Organization to inflate building height. According to the New York Times , the Trump Tower in New York City is marketed as 68 floors but, in reality, is only 58.

Sad.

Last edited by ryck; 03/01/17 08:37 AM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #43817 03/01/17 01:15 PM

Typical behavior for a megalomaniac.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43818 03/01/17 06:33 PM

But wouldn't it be nice if the entire debacle south of the 49th could be simply dealt with in the same fashion as Hannibal Lecter does when he dispatches the Italian police official pursuing him: "Intestines in or out? Out, I think."
(Slash. Push. Splat.) tongue crazy

ryck #43821 03/03/17 01:09 PM

clearly, Trump believes the country's security is less important than his ego.

Of course? Nothing is more important than his ego?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
grelber #43839 03/05/17 02:59 PM

But of course ...

Señor Hitler calls 'em as he sees [seize?!] 'em ...

For Donald Trump, only traitors question the President of the US

grelber #43851 03/06/17 08:01 PM

But of course ...

Then by his own definition and admission, Lord Voldemort is a traitor, because he most certainly questioned anything and everything Obama did while in office.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43853 03/06/17 08:20 PM

But of course ...

Then by his own definition and admission, Lord Voldemort is a traitor, because he most certainly questioned anything and everything Obama did while in office.

If Bumblefoot and his coterie of cretins understood the syllogism, they probably still wouldn't understand the significance and irony. But then that's patently obvious with virtually everything that dribbles out of his beak or tweeter.

He doesn't even elevate himself to following Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics. (If he did, he would have long since self-destructed.) Sad. tongue

grelber #43965 03/12/17 07:22 AM

grelber #43966 03/12/17 11:40 AM

Many thanks, kind sir. 'Tis now at the top of my reading list.

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Pendragon #43971 03/13/17 12:34 AM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

And now, it is obvious that unspeakable things are coming out of the woodwork: Steve King: Geert Wilders tweet sparks a social media backlash

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #44106 03/23/17 01:55 PM

From the House Intelligence Chairman, Devin Nunes, we learn: “Trump's personal communications may have been collected through ‘incidental collection.’”

Oh.

Last edited by ryck; 03/23/17 01:56 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #44111 03/23/17 07:30 PM

From the House Intelligence Chairman, Devin Nunes, we learn: “Trump's personal communications may have been collected through ‘incidental collection.’”

i.e. the DHS phone/computer tapping dragnets that we all hate?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Page 33 of 40 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 39 40

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard