for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
No "Edit" in Medical ID
#42903 11/28/16 09:02 PM
OP Offline

In Health/Medical ID, at the top & to the right of the title "Medical ID" used to be the the clickable word "Edit". I have used this many times in the past.

But now the "Edit" has gone MIA.

I did a hard reset but that brought no joy.

How do I get the Edit capability to return?

P.S. Operator Error! The Edit button has been moved and is now located near the bottom of the app.

And a bit red-faced am I. blush

Last edited by Pendragon; 11/28/16 09:18 PM. Reason: Premature Posting

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: No "Edit" in Medical ID
Pendragon #42906 11/28/16 09:16 PM

Sorry, Harv, but I've got no idea what "Health/Medical ID" is; is it new in Sierra?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #42907 11/28/16 09:35 PM
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: artie505
Sorry, Harv, but I've got no idea what "Health/Medical ID" is; is it new in Sierra?

It's a feature that is included with iPhones (and perhaps other iOS devices) that tracks & documents one's health condition. The app is called "Health" and contains user supplied, data re Rx, allergies & reactions, medical conditions, next of kin/contact data, organ donor preferences, blood type, height & weight, etc.

One can also add burial prefs, DNR prefs, and anything else you believe significant. You also have an option to allow emergency medical teams access to these data, even if your phone is locked.

The results from third party exercise apps and the like can also be documented.

AFAIK, this app has been around from the time I first got my iPhone (27 Oct 12).

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #42908 11/28/16 09:49 PM

Health ➭ Medical ID is found in Apple's Health app which is a built-in iOS app but there is no equivalent app in MacOS — yet.

Originally Posted By: pendragon
The Edit button has been moved and is now located near the bottom of the app.

That caught me by surprise too. 🤦🏻‍♂️ (I have been looking for a place to use the new dope-slap emoji)

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #42912 11/28/16 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
🤦🏻‍♂️ (I have been looking for a place to use the new dope-slap emoji)

You've used dope-slap several times before, and it never renders...at least not on my screen.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #42913 11/28/16 11:51 PM

🤦🏻‍♂️ (I have been looking for a place to use the new dope-slap emoji)

You've used dope-slap several times before, and it never renders...at least not on my screen.
Same here.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #42916 11/29/16 12:22 AM

Ah yes, but you all are running MacOS 10.12.1 or earlier and the new emoji were not included in the character set until MacOS 10.12.2 and iOS 10.2. But that is a good reminder for me that there aren't that many who can actually see the new emoji. Thanks for the reminder. 👌(I hope that one is in the 10.12.1 and iOS 10.1 character sets)

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #42917 11/29/16 12:34 AM

Ah yes, but you all.... 👌(I hope that one is in the 10.12.1 and iOS 10.1 character sets) (Emphasis added)

That final emoji renders in El Cap.

(That's the first time I've ever "heard you talk southern".)

joemikeb #42918 11/29/16 01:58 AM

Health ➭ Medical ID is found in Apple's Health app which is a built-in iOS app but there is no equivalent app in MacOS — yet.

That caught me by surprise too. 🤦🏻‍♂️ (I have been looking for a place to use the new dope-slap emoji)

I wonder if the time has come for an iOS/watchOS forum?

(Is it unusual that dope-slap shows as different gibberish at different times? [It won't paste as I see it; maybe if you hit "Quote"?])

artie505 #42933 11/29/16 05:37 PM

Ah yes, but you all.... 👌(I hope that one is in the 10.12.1 and iOS 10.1 character sets) (Emphasis added)

That final emoji renders in El Cap.

(That's the first time I've ever "heard you talk southern".)

"y'all" is Southern. "…you all are…" is a variation of "you are all…". wink

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
Ira L #42939 11/29/16 07:36 PM

In the polite, as in joemikeb, company I've kept down south "you all" was used frequently side by side with "y'all".

Call y'all and raise ya a chitlin! smirk

artie505 #42954 11/30/16 05:51 PM

In the polite, as in joemikeb, company I've kept down south "you all" was used frequently side by side with "y'all".

Dangerously off-topic but in my part of Texas where the west Texas accent it more prevalent it is spelled "you all" and pronounced more like "yawl" with a really long a as in "drawl". The "Y'all" pronunciation is the east Texas variant of the old southern usage. There are regions of the state like Dallas where neither the west Texas drawl or east Texas accent are much in evidence, too dang many
Click to reveal..
damnyankees
have moved there. In deep south and west Texas "you all" often comes out as "tú todo" or "todos ustedes". Along the gulf coast you may hear it pronounced "tất cả các bạn" and in parts of Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas it may come out as "انتم جميعا"

However it is pronounced, it is intended as hospitably inclusive.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #42955 11/30/16 05:55 PM

However [you all/y'all] is pronounced, it is intended as hospitably inclusive.

Which has always been my experience with it! smile

joemikeb #42986 12/01/16 05:59 PM

Dangerously off-topic but in my part of Texas where the west Texas accent it more prevalent it is spelled "you all" and pronounced more like "yawl" with a really long a as in "drawl". The "Y'all" pronunciation is the east Texas variant of the old southern usage. There are regions of the state like Dallas where neither the west Texas drawl or east Texas accent are much in evidence, too dang many
Click to reveal..
damnyankees
have moved there. In deep south and west Texas "you all" often comes out as "tú todo" or "todos ustedes". Along the gulf coast you may hear it pronounced "tất cả các bạn" and in parts of Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas it may come out as "انتم جميعا"

However it is pronounced, it is intended as hospitably inclusive.

Even more off topic, but what a physically cool multi-lingual quasi-multimedia posting (i.e., "Show me!" button), joemikeb. How was the latter done?

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
Ira L #42988 12/01/16 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Ira L
Even more off topic, but what a physically cool multi-lingual quasi-multimedia posting (i.e., "Show me!" button), joemikeb. How was the latter done?
That is the Spoiler tag. On the edit tool bar it is the S with a slash through it icon. The UBB code is...
Code:
 [spoiler]hidden text[/spoiler] 

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43003 12/02/16 04:50 PM

Ahhh.
Click to reveal..
Thanks!

On a Mac since 1984.

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard