for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 40 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 39 40
Re: Our next president?!!
ryck #43323 01/06/17 04:03 PM

Just ahead of getting an important security briefing, and only two weeks before inauguration as the President of the United States, what deep subject is on The Donald's teeny, tiny mind?

Why, the Celebrity Apprentice ratings, of course. As Bugs Bunny used to say: "What a maroon."

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #43324 01/06/17 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck
Just ahead of getting an important security briefing, and only two weeks before inauguration as the President of the United States, what deep subject is on The Donald's teeny, tiny mind?
Why, the Celebrity Apprentice ratings, of course. As Bugs Bunny used to say: "What a maroon."

You were expecting something profound?! Even the wording of your question puts the lie to that. And 4 more years of his balderdash yet to come.

I'm not going to search about to see where the following would most appropriately fit in this thread. Check it out anyway.
Feminism Lost. Now What?

grelber #43333 01/08/17 12:33 AM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Donald Trump blasts 'fools' who oppose good Russian ties Either Trump is a traitor or a moron, but more likely the latter. Putin, undoubtedly, prefers a moron.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #43340 01/08/17 01:37 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

And here's a political cartoonist's take: Dave Granlund Editorial Cartoons

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #43341 01/08/17 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Putin, undoubtedly, prefers a moron.

….in which case, he got his wish.

I am astounded at Trump's continuing denigration of the American intelligence community. However, there is the possibility of a silver lining.

Hopefully they are ticked off enough to take a page from the J. Edgar Hoover manual and secretly keep tabs on the president. The Trump Tower, or any other Trump entity, should be a piece of cake for the FBI or CIA to hack and, given Trump's inherent greed, they could get lots of material over the next couple of years.

It'd be great to have the intelligence community hand over to an ambitious politician and/or the media a wealth of information that says: "Time for an impeachment".

Last edited by ryck; 01/08/17 01:55 PM.

ryck

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #43345 01/09/17 03:46 PM

[quote=jchuzi]It'd be great to have the intelligence community hand over to an ambitious politician and/or the media a wealth of information that says: "Time for an impeachment".

That's an interesting take on a "legal way to undo the insanity". He may join Nixon in the hall of shame, but I'd bet he gets it in less time.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Virtual1 #43346 01/09/17 04:12 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Originally Posted By: Virtual1
[quote=jchuzi]It'd be great to have the intelligence community hand over to an ambitious politician and/or the media a wealth of information that says: "Time for an impeachment".

That's an interesting take on a "legal way to undo the insanity". He may join Nixon in the hall of shame, but I'd bet he gets it in less time.
I wouldn't bet on it. The Republican majorities in the house and the senate are too venal, too stupid, and too self-centered to oppose him.

Jon

jchuzi #43348 01/09/17 04:58 PM

I wouldn't bet on it. The Republican majorities in the house and the senate are too venal, too stupid, and too self-centered to oppose him.

Don't be so sure on that, Trump doesn't care who he pisses off. He has zero party loyalty. He's a "Republican" only as a label to show he puts business ahead of people. I expect the republican majorities to turn on him.

Turncoats are usually held in even lower regard than the enemy. Even the enemy can be respected. He won't get even that.

By all accounts, he's an Independent. He only ran as a republican to make it a 2 party election instead of 3. Wow, doesn't that paint an interesting picture? What would have happened if the republicans had nominated someone else... I wonder just how much more of a train wreck the election would have been? It boggles the mind just thinking about it.

Virtual1 #43349 01/09/17 05:05 PM

Don't be so sure on that, Trump doesn't care who he pisses off. He has zero party loyalty. He's a "Republican" only as a label to show he puts business ahead of people. I expect the republican majorities to turn on him.

Turncoats are usually held in even lower regard than the enemy. Even the enemy can be respected. He won't get even that.

By all accounts, he's an Independent. He only ran as a republican to make it a 2 party election instead of 3.

I wish I were as sanguine as you but it appears the Senate Republicans are willing to interview and approve all Trump's cabinet nominations at the rate of four or five a day and without benefit of any ethics vetting.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
ryck #43351 01/09/17 05:51 PM

I am astounded at Trump's continuing denigration of the American intelligence community.

I believe many people still feel burned by the same intelligence community's finding of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Not! It is "Cry Wolf Syndrome".

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
ryck #43352 01/09/17 05:55 PM

It'd be great to have the intelligence community hand over to an ambitious politician and/or the media a wealth of information that says: "Time for an impeachment".

Be careful what you wish for. As difficult as it may be to imagine, the vice-president-elect is scarier and so much worse in so many ways than the incoming president.

And the next in line after that, Speaker of the House, is Paul Ryan, and you know what "oddities" you get there. crazy

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
grelber #43353 01/09/17 06:35 PM

I hold no brief for Meryl Streep, but her comments with respect to Señor Hitler at the Golden Globe Awards were dead on. His live and Twitter responses to perceived (albeit warranted) slights are those of a petulant and puerile teenager (and that's perhaps the kindest characterization one can give them) — hardly the mettle of one who is poised to "lead the free world".

When a person of his standing and privilege continues to act like a simple-minded school yard bully, he needs to be called out on same until he reforms. Given his age and probably calcified mentality, it is unlikely that the latter will come to pass.

The entire nation is going to regret being presided over by such a hapless shmuck, whom the rest of world regards with derision and with incredulity at his being "the leader of the free world" — he is surely the personification of the ultimate in sick jokes.

EDIT — Add this to that: Trump, Trapped in His Lies, Keeps Lying. Sad!

And just as a reminder:

The madman shouted in the market place. No one stopped to answer him. Thus it was confirmed that his thesis was incontrovertible.
— Dag Hammarskjöld, former Secretary-General of the United Nations

It is important to answer the madman. It is important because, left unanswered, his lies and his malice can poison the climate. They can do worse. They can make other men mad. Left unanswered for long enough, they can nourish everything in men and women that is hateful and destructive and murderous. Our end is to ensure that every time the madman shouts in the market place, he is answered.
— Roy McMurtry, former Attorney General of Ontario

Last edited by grelber; 01/10/17 10:13 AM. Reason: Additional info
Virtual1 #43355 01/09/17 10:27 PM

That'd be my guess. I figure the Republicans only wanted Trump as a vehicle to get control of the White House, and they're mostly holding their noses at what they had to agree to, in order to get there.

However, this is politics and it's reasonable to assume there are already a lot of back room meetings where plots are being developed to seize the first opportunity to dump Trump for someone more to their liking.

Last edited by ryck; 01/09/17 10:28 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
jchuzi #43382 01/13/17 02:44 AM

Virtual1 #43383 01/13/17 09:00 AM

Going there conjures up this:

Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.
Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.

grelber #43384 01/13/17 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: grelber
...it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.

Deleted would be the answer….they were there yesterday.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #43385 01/13/17 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: grelber
...it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.

Deleted would be the answer….they were there yesterday.

well that's too bad... if I knew the trump supporters were scouring for takedowns I'd have cached it. That was a great collection

grelber #43423 01/20/17 04:40 PM

Perhpas we should switch to a new thread with a new subject line, such as "Our President?!"

In any case my 2¢ worth which I just passed on to various poor shlucks I know down 'south':

As I listen to Bosco the Wonder Chimp's inaugural address and its hopelessly empty rhetoric, I figure you've got until St Patrick's Day to determine what your quality of life will be for the next 4 years.
I'm not very sanguine about the overall picture ... but then I no longer give a rat's patoot about anything south of the 49th parallel (all the way to the south pole in the western hemisphere).
I strongly suspect that "the leader of the free world" will indeed "Make America Grate Again".
Enjoy.

grelber #43424 01/20/17 05:07 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Jon

jchuzi #43425 01/20/17 06:20 PM

Madonna’s view is optimistic alright, but in various respects arguably also naive. Let’s hope things work out. I’ll believe it when I see it, but I’m not holding my breath.

alternaut moderator
grelber #43448 01/23/17 08:51 AM

"Alternative facts"?!?! Give me an effin' break! Lies are lies no matter how one clothes them. Does not the tale of The Emperor's New Clothes immediately come to mind in a whack of interpretive (per)versions?

Assessment of the first couple days: The downward swirling in the toilet of history is gaining momentum.

How much longer before the internment camps are set up?

grelber #43449 01/23/17 11:27 AM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

"Alternative facts" is right up there with Haldeman's claim (during the Nixon administration) that "Our previous statement is inoperative." I'm almost nostalgic for Nixon (notice that I did say "almost").

Jon

jchuzi #43452 01/23/17 05:03 PM

"Alternative facts" is right up there with Haldeman's claim (during the Nixon administration) that "Our previous statement is inoperative." I'm almost nostalgic for Nixon (notice that I did say "almost").

At least Nixon knew what the presidency was all about. I don't think anyone in the Trump administration can make that claim unless they resort to their alternative facts in their alternative universe with their own unique alternative reality.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43453 01/23/17 06:39 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

"Alternative reality" Now there's an oxymoron.

Jon

jchuzi #43457 01/24/17 05:46 AM

Well, this is creepy. Our new Cheeto-inChief has officially declared his inauguration day the "National Day of Patriotic Devotion":

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country -- and to renew the duties of Government to the people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

Yikes. Nothing Orwellian about that!

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Page 30 of 40 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 39 40

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard