FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dumped on by Apple Support Community Updates
#41774 09/18/16 01:12 AM
JoBoy Offline OP
OP Offline

I made a rare visit to the Apple Support Community Updates to see what is going on. I browsed around and gave some advice to one person there. Upon leaving the web site, I began to get a FLOOD of discussions on my message page of my iPhone 4S. The last couple of days, I have had hundreds of them. I tried to contact Apple help, but they were "not able to reply at this time." Then, I realized that the same thing was happening on my Mail app on my Mac Pro. Out of desperation, I went to my web site on Comcast.net and put in a couple of stoppers (one for the iPhone and one for the Mac Pro) that cut off the flow. That gave me relief, but I've wondered whether that may also interfere with some correspondence. Has anyone had this experience? Is there a better way to handle the problem?

I truly hope that this is not Apple's way of saying "move up or go away." If they intend to encourage Mac Pro owners to move up, the least they can do is put out a newer model.

Last edited by dianne; 09/19/16 02:06 PM. Reason: Moved from iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5
Re: Dumped on by Apple Support Community Updates
JoBoy #41793 09/19/16 06:54 AM
JoBoy Offline OP
OP Offline

I went through two layers of Apple helpers before the problem was solved. Apparently, I had inadvertently clicked in a few boxes in Apple Support Community updates that caused the deluge of unwanted information. I'm not likely to go back there very soon. Finally, after deleting over a thousand unwanted emails from my Mac's email app and also from my iPhone, things are back to normal.

I sensed that you discreetly remained silent when I sent my previous post regarding a tiff with Apple. No problem. All is well that ends well. Best regards.

Last edited by JoBoy; 09/19/16 06:56 AM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard