for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 40 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 39 40
Re: Our next president?!!
ryck #41095 07/08/16 08:51 AM

I dunno if it's quite that simple, ryck.

That image would have made it's point with no more than the pic of Hillary (Edit: and the text) superimposed over the money, and the inclusion of the six pointed star looks all the more terrible in view of the fact that Sheldon Adelson has spoken of creating a $100 million Super PAC and wants to take Trump to Israel after the convention to meet Netanyahu (forget altogether about his Jewish daughter and son-in-law); it was a really major and terrible affront to important people...not one that could be brushed aside with a simple "Oops" (after all, he, himself, not an underling, posted it)...hopefully one from which he'll never fully recover.

(Frankly, I can't understand why any Jew would support Trump! He's the front man for hatred and bigotry in America, he's given it a voice and a platform, and where there's hatred and bigotry, there's anti-Semitism...either on the surface or festering beneath it.)

Last edited by artie505; 07/08/16 11:17 PM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #41282 07/28/16 12:02 AM
jchuzi Offline OP
OP Offline

Trump has outdone himself. Donald Trump Calls on Russia to Find Hillary Clinton’s Missing Emails. It appears that Trump's definition of "making America great again" includes having Russia influence a presidential election, not to mention (if you read further) condoning Russia's annexation of Crimea.

Imagine if this had happened during the Cold War. Trump would have been indicted for treason.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #41283 07/28/16 02:09 AM

A while back the NY Times interviewed big Republican contributors who weren't contributing to Trump, and in addition to the many expected reasons they reported that one (who said he may even vote for Hillary) wisely said "The Republic will survive Hillary."

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
grelber #41289 07/28/16 05:04 PM

A review in Maclean's Magazine of A Child’s First Book of Trump (Simon & Schuster):
How to talk to your kids about Donald Trump.

jchuzi #41290 07/29/16 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Imagine if this had happened during the Cold War. Trump would have been indicted for treason.

He opened his big mouth one time too many this time around; maybe he will be (the one to be) indicted. Now, wouldn't that be a hoot? grin

No, Donald, Nathan Hale did not say "I only regret that I have but one country to [give] for my life!"

artie505 #41292 07/29/16 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: artie505
No, Donald, Nathan Hale did not say "I only regret that I have but one country to [give] for my life!"

I suspect this is too subtle for either Trump or his followers. As Stephen Hawking found, those folks are easily confused.

Last edited by ryck; 07/29/16 12:20 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #41293 07/29/16 01:39 PM
jchuzi Offline OP
OP Offline

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic (is that word too long for Trump supporters?). I suppose that any word that is three syllables long or greater, is unable to be understood by these people.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #41295 07/29/16 07:34 PM

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic (is that word too long for Trump supporters?). I suppose that any word that is three syllables long or greater, is unable to be understood by these people.

To be fair there are some of these people who do understand at least a few words with three or more syllables. The currently serving governor and attorney general of Texas, both are tea party favorites, understand at least one three syllable word — indictment. Both are currently under indictment for different felony fraud offenses. I am confident the lieutenant governor (formerly a Rush Limbaugh wannabe conservative radio talk show host from Houston) would be under indictment as well but he isn't smart enough to put together a fraud.

Since even the Texas Legislature has balked at paying the Attorney General's defense team, he sees nothing wrong in accepting $50,000 donations to his defense fund from the CEO of a corporation that was under investigation by his office and has assured the voters of Texas his subsequent decision not to seek an indictment had nothing to do with the donation. If you believe that contact me directly, I have a line on a bridge for sale in Brooklyn, New York.

The suspicion is voters elect these clowns to get them out of town and out or their hair. Recently these stellar politicians have been publicly invited either to leave town and/or butt out of their business by multiple major city as well as small town mayors, public school superintendents, college professors and administrators, chiefs of police, etc. Yet they still get re-elected.

confused confused confused

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
jchuzi #41301 07/31/16 01:39 PM

I suppose that any word that is three syllables long or greater, is unable to be understood by these people.

I think it's evident that neither Trump nor his people are capable of understanding very much at all. For example:

One of the most powerful speeches during the DNC was delivered by Muslim Khizr Khan. His son Army Capt. Humayun Khan died in Baghdad in 2004, giving his life for his fellow soldiers. Mr. Khan attacked Trump's immigration proposals and pointed out that the billionaire has "sacrificed nothing and no one."

In an interview with with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos, Donald Trump rejected that assertion and said: "I think I've made a lot of sacrifices."

Wow! Talk about zero understanding..... However, the irony of that claim wasn't missed by the folks who use Twitter.

Very soon, Trump's comparison of his "sacrifices" to Mr. Khan's had become the hashtag #TrumpSacrifices. Satirically, the Twitter folks pointed out that Trump had been subjected to such hardships as:

• flying commercial
• playing golf on a public course
• staying at a hotel that was only three-star

Last edited by ryck; 07/31/16 01:45 PM.

ryck

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #41303 07/31/16 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck
... One of the most powerful speeches during the DNC was delivered by Muslim Khizr Khan. His son Army Capt. Humayun Khan died in Baghdad in 2004, giving his life for his fellow soldiers. Mr. Khan attacked Trump's immigration proposals and pointed out that the billionaire has "sacrificed nothing and no one."

Not to take away from your presentation but to augment it, I would point out how Señor Hitler — note the multiply ambiguous and sarcastic, albeit accurate, characterization — has been dealt with in the media vis-à-vis the Khan "affair":

Trump Dispute With Muslim Family Emerges as Flash Point

Trump Belittles Parents of Slain Soldier, Drawing Ire

Señor Hitler, as if it weren't obvious, gives new meaning/dimension to the term "yutz".

grelber #41306 07/31/16 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: grelber
Señor Hitler, as if it weren't obvious, gives new meaning/dimension to the term "yutz".

…..and new meaning/dimension to the word stupidity.

In the midst of it all Trump attacked a Gold Star Mother and, rather than apologize for a mean and thoughtless accusation, his people are out today doubling down…..making sure that his asinine statements live beyond a single news cycle.

Last edited by ryck; 07/31/16 06:37 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #41307 07/31/16 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Hillary
“Someone who attacks everybody has something missing,” she told a crowd at a campaign stop in Youngstown, Ohio.

Talk about hitting the nail right on the head!

artie505 #41310 07/31/16 09:47 PM

In a different vein, I've read any number of articles about Trump's request that Putin find the missing Hillary emails, but none of them has tied that to the fact that in the same interview, the "World's Greatest Dealmaker" suggested that he'd reconsider the US's position on Crimea.

Taken together, aren't the two an overt attempt to negotiate with a foreign power to the detriment of America? (I haven't seen anything in that vein; have I missed it?)

And don't his repeated statements about Crimea perpetuate the crime?

And is Putin stupid enough to believe a word that comes out of his mouth?

It's frightening to think that Trump's supporters would actually respond favorably to Russian intervention in the US Presidential election process...UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

artie505 #41311 08/01/16 12:54 AM

Melania Trump like you’ve never seen her before | New York Post doesn't strike me as being particularly helpful to the campaign of a man who’s courting evangelicals.

The Post has been actively supporting Trump, but within the context of their “journalistic style” this could mean that he’s gone too far for even them and they’re changing direction.

XXXXX XXXXX Fingers crossed.

Edit: And if that wasn't enough for you: http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/

Last edited by artie505; 08/01/16 09:08 AM.

grelber #41312 08/01/16 01:31 PM

We've missed the obvious by not seeing the forest for the trees:
Señor Hitler is in fact a Democrat mole, tasked with destroying the Republican Party. And at that he's good at what he does. All of his behavior and comments are eminently explicable in this scenario.
Otherwise one would have to believe he's the stupidest, most inept person on Earth ... and nobody is that stupid or inept.
An ancillary benefit is that the crazies who support him have been uncloaked and can be neutralized (or, better, neutered).
Remember: You read it here first!

grelber #41314 08/01/16 07:25 PM

Otherwise one would have to believe he's the stupidest, most inept person on Earth ... and nobody is that stupid or inept.

I suppose that a scrupulous search might find someone, somewhere, who is stupider. However, I don't think such a search could find anyone more intent on proving that stupidity can be invincible.

Today, key Republicans (e.g. Ryan, McConnell, McCain) as well as prominent organizations (e.g. Veterans of Foreign Wars) expressed how aghast they are that a presidential candidate would attack a Gold Star Family. And what does Trump do? He takes the words of those Republicans and veterans as a cue to escalate his battle against Mr. and Mrs. Khan.

It appears the big question is: "Where's the bottom?"

Every time I hear words spewing from Trump's mouth, I am reminded of the line Henry the Chicken Hawk always aimed at Foghorn Leghorn: "You're nothing but a loud-mouthed schnook."

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #41315 08/01/16 07:58 PM

That's pretty much exactly what Hillary opined, when asked about this.

Every time I hear words spewing from Trump's mouth, I am reminded of the line Henry the Chicken Hawk always aimed at Foghorn Leghorn: "You're nothing but a loud-mouthed schnook."

The inimitable Al Capp would've been more direct and used the epithet "shmuck", playing on both the figurative and literal senses of the word.

grelber #41316 08/01/16 08:19 PM
jchuzi Offline OP
OP Offline

To put it another way, he has reached the bottom of the barrel and has started to dig.

Jon

grelber #41317 08/01/16 10:05 PM

....and specifically asked by others since. A good question is worth repeating until there is a good answer, which Jon has now provided.

To put it another way, he has reached the bottom of the barrel and has started to dig.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
grelber #41321 08/02/16 09:01 AM

Well, the Editorial Board of The New York Times has gone on record:
It’s time for Republican leaders to set an example for their party by withdrawing support for Donald Trump.

Mr. Trump and Spineless Republicans

grelber #41326 08/02/16 04:02 PM

The Dallas Morning News, a long-time Republican supporting publication, has done the same and recommended support for Clinton.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
Ira L #41327 08/02/16 04:11 PM

Your linked page is from Feb 12th, i.e. Hillary v Bernie, Ira.

Quote:
Editorial: We recommend Hillary Clinton for Democratic presidential nomination

Last edited by artie505; 08/02/16 04:24 PM. Reason: Expand

artie505 #41330 08/02/16 06:58 PM

Note they also noted they have never endorsed any candidate this early in the campaign season as they usually preferred to wait for the debates before taking sides but in this case their minds are already made up.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
grelber #41335 08/02/16 07:14 PM

"Every time I think I've hit bottom, somebody hands me a shovel!"

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
grelber #41337 08/02/16 08:31 PM

The inimitable Al Capp would've been more direct and used the epithet "shmuck", playing on both the figurative and literal senses of the word.

This, hot off the press….."schmuck" would definitely be accurate.

I just watched a news blurb from a Trump rally where, as he is speaking, a baby cries. He pauses, looks in the direction of the mother and child, and says a few words along the line of: "That's okay. I love babies. Who doesn't love babies? What a beautiful baby."

He pauses again and, with a dismissive movement of his hand, demands: "No. Get that baby out of here."

Trump then looks at his audience and, referring to the mother, says: "I think she actually believed I like babies crying when I'm speaking."

Last edited by ryck; 08/02/16 08:31 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
Page 14 of 40 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 39 40

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard