for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 40 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 39 40
Re: Our next president?!!
ryck #41338 08/02/16 09:25 PM

'Twould appear that the only thing American he hasn't maligned or otherwise insulted as yet is apple pie. Get prepared ....

grelber #41339 08/02/16 09:55 PM

Against all odds he found a way to malign Mom, so, as you say, can apple pie be far behind?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #41340 08/03/16 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By: artie505
Against all odds he found a way to malign Mom, so, as you say, can apple pie be far behind?

It's exactly that which I was referring to + the baby debacle.
His feet are big; fortunately (for them) his mouth is bigger.
BrainDead (summer TV series) come home to roost.

artie505 #41341 08/03/16 12:58 PM

Even more incredible than Trump's offensive comments was the number of toads in the audience who laughed.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #41344 08/03/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck

Even more incredible than Trump's offensive comments was the number of toads in the audience who laughed.

Please don't malign "toads", delightful and innocent amphibians, which likely made the pre-adolescent years for many of us a delight. ("Toadies" is a more accurate designation.)

How about his 'delightful' references to the Purple Heart?

The man is so effin' out of it that it is not possible that he is not mentally/chemically imbalanced, as any number of media editorials have opined, to wit (for example):

Is Donald Trump just plain crazy?

STASI: Dictator Donald Trump has gone crazy

Trump's Mental State Is Becoming a Campaign Talking Point

grelber #41347 08/04/16 01:16 AM

I'm fascinated by the possibilities if he loses to Hillary.

My best guess is that he'll either wind up in jail for inciting rioting or the blow to his ego/inferiority complex will drive him over the edge and he'll descend into complete insanity, maybe both. I think the latter may be the best thing that could happen to America.

Last edited by artie505; 08/04/16 05:20 AM. Reason: Make better

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #41348 08/04/16 07:18 AM

If any 'regular' person displayed the bizarre and erratic behavior of Señor Hitler, said individual would almost certainly be consigned to a minimum 30-day psychiatric evaluation to determine his/her fitness to be allowed to remain in 'polite society'. One can only hope that at some point that will be the case ... with the outcome that he would never be released and could be used for experimental purposes (as such inmates were back in the day).

grelber #41349 08/04/16 07:53 AM

His sickness leaves him reeeally vulnerable; every creative alternative that Hillary and her minions can come up with will drive him closer to the edge.

I've got to wonder what his family is saying privately? (I'd love to be able to tap into his kids' phone conversations.)

artie505 #41350 08/04/16 08:38 AM

I've got to wonder what his family is saying privately? (I'd love to be able to tap into his kids' phone conversations.)

Especially Ivanka's opinion of his perverse 'fatherly' comments about (and often to) her and his somewhat-less-than-fatherly touching of her.

grelber #41351 08/04/16 09:18 AM

Getting back to basics, Meg Whitman just joined the ...ng fast is an enumeration of high profile Republicans who are supporting Hillary.

Last edited by artie505; 08/04/16 09:26 AM. Reason: Clarification

artie505 #41352 08/04/16 11:55 AM

"fascinated" is not the word I would use. "terrified" maybe?

From everything I've seen recently, a good chunk of the rest of the world is rather freaked out at the possibility, considering how much the US's foreign policies will likely change if he gets in the door. We're already in everybody's business as it is.

Really, what will he do the first month he's in office? Start on his wall with Mexico? Cancel all muslim visas? Cancel foreign trade agreements? Invade North Korea? (ok, that last one may actually have some international support)

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Virtual1 #41355 08/04/16 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Virtual1

"fascinated" is not the word I would use. "terrified" maybe?
From everything I've seen recently, a good chunk of the rest of the world is rather freaked out at the possibility, considering how much the US's foreign policies will likely change if he gets in the door. ...

You seem to have misread what artie said (loses, not wins). Losing doesn't get him in the door, although it might get him clawing at it.

artie505 #41356 08/04/16 01:14 PM

As Trump's heirs, I'd guess they're worried about his effect on the business. He may appeal to the people who root for him at rallies, but the CEOs and others in boardrooms will be less enamored.

I'd guess they are watching and wondering if it's wise to do business with someone who has so many loose screws.

Last edited by ryck; 08/04/16 01:17 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #41358 08/04/16 03:37 PM

I can't imagine that his "brand" doesn't suffer and lose credibility and market share every time he opens his mouth.

Edit: But on point, what are their thoughts about his mental health and his antics (for lack of a better word)? If they're not extremely worried, if they think there's nothing "off" or inappropriate about his behavior, then even allowing for childrens' affection for their father there's something seriously wrong with them, too.

Last edited by artie505; 08/04/16 11:26 PM. Reason: More

artie505 #41361 08/04/16 07:03 PM

There was some interesting speculation from a reputed expert in this mornings paper that Trump's continued complaints about the election process being rigged against him (i.e. debate schedules Hillary's nomination) are all laying the groundwork for...
  1. ...blaming his loss of the election on an "I was robbed 😢" sob story and/or
  2. …getting his people so worked up they will not accept his defeat creating a constitutionlal crisis and even a possible armed uprising to put The Donald into power unelected and therefore answerable to no one. 💀
The first proposition I find believable, however I am not convinced The Donald is smart enough to carry out so Machiavellian a plot as the second.

I have heard physicians who have said after watching The Donald on television if her were their patient they would order him to bed rest before he has a heart attack or stroke, and some have indicated they are seeing signs of early memory loss or even Alzheimer's. (However both may be wishful thinking.)

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #41363 08/04/16 11:46 PM

1 is apparently laying the groundwork for some level of 2, but your worst case scenario 2 would take major support from the military that I doubt he could muster. Considering his recent denigration of their sacrifices and their parents' resultant grief I wonder if the normally Republican voting military will even go his way in the election. I'd also guess that the military might not be too pleased with a President who wants to cut back on its presence, i.e. the numbers and authority of its high brass.

He'll be treading on very dangerous ground if he incites rioting, which I suspect is where he's going, but I'm really hoping that he just disintegrates into blithering, justifiable, lock-him-up insanity.

Edit: I guess he could attempt to cause a Constitutional crisis by claiming the election was rigged, but I doubt that he could make it stick, although an Obama appointed 7th Supreme Court Justice would really look good to me right about now.

If his kids had any guts, common sense, and common decency they'd have him committed forthwith!

Last edited by artie505; 08/05/16 12:40 AM. Reason: Less & More

artie505 #41364 08/05/16 12:50 AM

But on point, what are their thoughts about his mental health and his antics (for lack of a better word)? If they're not extremely worried, if they think there's nothing "off" or inappropriate about his behavior, then even allowing for childrens' affection for their father there's something seriously wrong with them, too.

For all you know he’s always been ‘like that’, gradually rendering his family inured to his antics with little reason to do something about it now, as they haven’t seen (?) the necessity of intervening previously. The main difference may be that he now is strutting (t)his stuff in public, causing all kinds of comments that might make them think again. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

alternaut moderator
alternaut #41365 08/05/16 01:05 AM

I'm most assuredly NOT holding my breath.

Along with the negative comments they're hearing positive stuff, so the bad could just roll off their backs, but it's difficult to imagine them not recognizing that he's getting worse...that his rhetoric is getting ever more dangerous to both himself and America, even if his behavior has remained consistent.

And his continued acceptance of support from David Duke has got to make Ivanka scratch her head even if nothing else fazes her.

artie505 #41366 08/05/16 01:47 AM

... I wonder if the normally Republican voting military will even go his way in the election. I'd also guess that the military might not be too pleased with a President who wants to cut back on its presence, i.e. the numbers and authority of its high brass.

In 3 months we'll know the answer, but recent poll data among active duty military (also about 3 months old), suggest support for Trump over Clinton (or Sanders) by better than a 2-to-1 margin*. Despite Trump’s more recent antics there isn’t (yet) much indication that those numbers have changed significantly. Even so, there are many who say they won’t vote for Trump, if they’ll vote at all. In trying to explain this this pro-Trump sentiment, veterans (largely NOT included in the above mentioned poll) have been most vocal:

- Trump or Clinton: For the military, it’s hardly a vote of confidence
- Why Do Veterans Support Donald Trump?
- The military supports Trump for the same reasons civilians support him

*) Somehow, I suspect that this doesn’t quite apply to command levels.

alternaut moderator
alternaut #41371 08/05/16 06:39 AM

The Marine Corps Times poll was conducted before the Khan and Purple Heart episodes, so I wonder if the upset over Hillary's handling of Benghazi has been lessened by those blunders?

Edit: Donald Trump Risks Alienating Military Communities in Swing States is right on point.

Last edited by artie505; 08/05/16 08:31 AM.

artie505 #41389 08/05/16 06:36 PM

The Marine Corps Times poll was conducted before the Khan and Purple Heart episodes, so I wonder if the upset over Hillary's handling of Benghazi has been lessened by those blunders?

Edit: Donald Trump Risks Alienating Military Communities in Swing States is right on point.

Distaste for Hilary has nothing to do with distaste for Trump among the military portion of the Republican electorate, other than that neither has changed much if at all, yet; the Anti-Trump camp is continuously being strengthened by his antics, while his fans keep on excusing anything negative away. This notion of ‘balance’ between the two camps is clearly expressed in both the title and the body of the article you quote: Trump runs a risk, but hasn’t yet lost support among his fan base.

alternaut moderator
alternaut #41390 08/05/16 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: alternaut
Trump runs a risk, but hasn’t yet lost support among his fan base.

He's lost some support...so far, the amount is somewhere between negligible and minimal, and the article reports that his military fan base is pretty much intact, but it also indicates that all is not as he'd prefer it to be, that his shiny facade is, even if only ever so slightly, beginning to tarnish.

The ayes will never bring the nays back into their camp, but the nays will undoubtedly win converts.

That probably stems from the nays being Democratic, draft-dodging moles who are masquerading as vets.

artie505 #41391 08/05/16 10:02 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton. This says it all. Trump is totally unqualified to occupy the office of president.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #41392 08/05/16 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton. This says it all. Trump is totally unqualified to occupy the office of president.

As if that weren't a given already!

I read that, and I'll repost Meg Whitman just joined the list of Republicans for Hillary, because the former is right in line with the latter.

I'm amazed (but shouldn't be) that the reasons these people are giving for supporting Hillary aren't causing massive desertions from Trump's camp.

I certainly hope there'll be an eventual snowball effect.

artie505 #41393 08/05/16 10:54 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Perhaps the best that we can hope is that people who dislike both Trump and Clinton (but otherwise would have voted for Trump) will not vote. That leaves fewer votes for Trump and, proportionally, more for Clinton.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
Page 15 of 40 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 39 40

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard