Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 40 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 39 40
Re: Our next president?!!
jchuzi #39972 04/17/16 10:58 PM

laugh

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #40110 04/29/16 05:33 PM

As it turns out, the U.S. does not have a monopoly on totally wacky right-leaning politicians, as evidenced in this report. Gads.

ryck

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #40111 04/29/16 05:50 PM

Indeed. The Earl's "upheaval" has been grist for everyone's mill ... and most everyone is more or less ignorant of all the facts — from use (and misuse) of antibiotics, hormones and growth promotants to what constitutes humane treatment and slaughter of food animals.

Bottom line: It was (as such things usually are) a business decision on the part of Earl's, namely the bottom line.

Besides, who but yuppies and dinks and the horny after-work crowd even goes to Earl's? Noisy, crowded and over-priced.

jchuzi #40113 04/29/16 06:05 PM
Banned
Banned

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
It had to happen: There is now a term for having totally unacceptable candidates running for President, namely Electile Dysfunction. shocked

That might be the case, but it's what the voters want. As it is, I see a Trump/Christie ticket as being "dynamite". Not sure who Hillary is going to pick.

honestone #40119 04/29/16 08:27 PM

Quote:
As it is, I see a Trump/Christie ticket as being "dynamite".

I see it as a ticket to be dynamited!

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #40140 04/30/16 03:11 PM
Banned
Banned

Originally Posted By: artie505
Quote:

Some folks may feel that way, but that of course will not happen. In fact, their impact will be stronger than dynamite!

honestone #40143 04/30/16 03:28 PM

Quote:
...their impact will be stronger than dynamite!

Something along the lines of a V-2, I imagine.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #40145 04/30/16 04:05 PM

Quote:

Why not wait until it (inevitably) self-destructs? shocked smirk

alternaut moderator
artie505 #40147 04/30/16 04:37 PM
Banned
Banned

Quote:

Much more than a V-2! In fact, it will be like any of the following:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-top-ten-most-powerful-missiles-in-the-world

The impact will be incredible!

alternaut #40148 04/30/16 04:41 PM
Banned
Banned

Originally Posted By: alternaut
Quote:

Don't think it will self destruct. They get along very, very well, and Chiristie will be a perfect addition to the ticket. But alas, unless some "classes" of voters support the ticket (I'm thinking women, minorities (immigrants), and black), Hillary and her running mate will most likely win. Unfortunately, she is not much better.

alternaut #40152 04/30/16 07:57 PM

Quote:

Because the thought of Trump not giving up and spending the next four years building an organization is just about as frightening as the thought of his winning!

And speaking of "self-destruct", does the thought of Trump's teaming up with Christie, who was among the least popular of the dregs in the Republican nomination process, make you think of McCain/Palin?

honestone #40153 04/30/16 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: honestone
Quote:

Much more than a V-2! In fact, it will be like any of the following:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-top-ten-most-powerful-missiles-in-the-world

The impact will be incredible!

tongue

artie505 #40154 04/30/16 08:49 PM
Banned
Banned

Quote:

Because the thought of Trump not giving up and spending the next four years building an organization is just about as frightening as the thought of his winning!

And speaking of "self-destruct", does the thought of Trump's teaming up with Christie, who was among the least popular of the dregs in the Republican nomination process, make you think of McCain/Palin?

A Trump/Christie ticket would be WAY more "attractive" that McCain/Palin. Both Trump and Christie are "straight from the cuff, no beating around the bush" guys. and that appeals to a number of voters.

Again, though, I suspect Hillary (with her running mate) will win the election, due to too much opposition to Trump, primarily from the women and minority sectors of the population (and some others). But again, Hillary is not much of an improvement.

The other thing, of course, is that if Trump were to win, once he gets in office, he will soon realize that it will be difficult, at best, to get around the political "fractured" process in DC, and get anything done. For example, building the wall is an excellent idea, but that will be difficult for him to get that accomplished. Hillary does not plan on building one.

honestone #40158 05/01/16 02:02 AM

Both Trump and Christie are "straight from the cuff, no beating around the bush" guys…...

Yup. And therein lies Trump's greatest weakness, as evidenced by his various reactions during the campaign so far. He is unable to resist any bait.

All that Hillary Clinton needs to do is periodically 'toss something out there' and move on. Trump will seize it, complete with the hook, and proceed to do or say something incredibly stupid…..every time.

Meanwhile Hillary will be making speeches about issues that matter and generally looking like she belongs in the White House while the Donald looks like he belongs in a mad house.

Last edited by ryck; 05/01/16 05:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
honestone #40160 05/01/16 04:23 AM

A Trump/Christie ticket would be WAY more "attractive" that McCain/Palin.

Both the presidential candidate and his running-mate coming from northeastern states - the NY Metro area in particular - will not sit well with much of the electorate, and that combined with the fact that Christie has already proven himself a loser leaves Trump/Christie a particularly weak ticket.

In his own way, Trump is as weak a candidate as McCain was, but Christie will hurt his campaign worse than Palin hurt McCain's.

Edit: "Big Nasty New York" and "Little Nasty New Jersey" is NOT what I'd call the sort of diversity the electorate wants to see in a presidential ticket.

Last edited by artie505; 05/01/16 05:44 AM.

artie505 #40163 05/01/16 08:40 AM

This electoral go-round (in the sense of "a flight path typically taken by an aircraft after an aborted approach to landing") might best be described as Walt Disney meets Freddy Krueger — a great ticket. tongue

grelber #40181 05/02/16 12:20 AM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

Here's an enlightening read: Run on a Ticket With Donald Trump? No, Thanks, Many Republicans Say. My favorite part is Senator Lindsay Graham's take on accepting a second spot on a Trump campaign: “That’s like buying a ticket on the Titanic.”

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #40189 05/02/16 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
My favorite part is Senator Lindsay Graham's take on accepting a second spot on a Trump campaign: “That’s like buying a ticket on the Titanic.”

I also like Chris Christie's response at a recent news conference, where he said he would evaluate the offer “for any position in government”. IMHO, it demonstrates just how stupid he is….and hence a running mate who would ensure that Trump loses.

A smart politician would have answered: "I'll be pleased to accept any position where I am able to serve the American people".

Instead, Christie replies with the equivalent of: "I'll take any job that keeps my snout in the public trough."

Last edited by ryck; 05/02/16 03:08 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #40200 05/02/16 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck
A smart politician would have answered: "I'll be pleased to accept any position where I am able to serve the American people".

Instead, Christie replies with the equivalent of: "I'll take any job that keeps my snout in the public trough."

It is comment like that where I wish this forum software had a "Like" function along the lines of Facebook's. smile

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #40203 05/02/16 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: joemikeb

It is comment like that where I wish this forum software had a "Like" function along the lines of Facebook's. smile

There is: Check out the list of posting icons (in reply window); choose thumb up (such as I did with this reply) or thumb down.

grelber #40204 05/02/16 08:47 PM

That's only a poor, almost invisible workaround that's rarely used, and I wonder how many people even notice it when it is used.

What joemike's talking about is prominent and far more meaningful.

artie505 #40206 05/02/16 11:38 PM

That's only a poor, almost invisible workaround that's rarely used, and I wonder how many people even notice it when it is used.
What joemike's talking about is prominent and far more meaningful.

It's hardly "almost invisible" when it leads the entire response. When I want to make my original post or response more than just a bare comment, I always select an appropriate posting icon.

But, as usual ... whatever lights your wick.

grelber #40207 05/03/16 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: grelber
It's hardly "almost invisible" when it leads the entire response. When I want to make my original post or response more than just a bare comment, I always select an appropriate posting icon.

Every once in a while a posting icon catches the corner of my eye, but it never registers as anything more than "something's different there".

I never look at those icons; they lead a response in the sense that they precede the thread's title, but they're totally removed from its text, which is what I'd guess most folks address immediately...possibly exclusively.

I think a well placed smiley or emoji in a response is far more meaningful than those posting icons.

And then again...

Edit: And don't forget both that nobody keeps count of posting icons and that you've got to post to use one, whereas in joemike's scenario all you've got to do is click "Like" or "Don't Like" and your vote is tallied and prominently displayed.

Last edited by artie505; 05/03/16 06:35 AM.

artie505 #40215 05/03/16 08:24 AM

I think a well placed smiley or emoji in a response is far more meaningful than those posting icons.

I agree completely. All I was pointing out in response to joemikeb's comment ("It is comment like that where I wish this forum software had a "Like" function along the lines of Facebook's. smile ") was that something already existed here that could be put into service (albeit in jury-rigged fashion).

joemikeb #40217 05/03/16 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: joemikeb

It is comments like that where I wish this forum software had a "Like" function along the lines of Facebook's. smile

Thanks. smile

Last edited by ryck; 05/03/16 12:24 PM.

ryck

OS Ventura 13.6.3
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
Page 10 of 40 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 39 40

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard