I'm experiencing a mess of instances in which microstackshots are causing system "hangs" (is the best word I can come up with).

Here's an example:

Code:
Date/Time:       2016-04-20 16:57:54 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.11.4 (Build 15E65)
Architecture:    x86_64
Report Version:  19

Command:         WindowServer
Path:            /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Resources/WindowServer
Version:         ??? (???)
Parent:          launchd [1]
PID:             187

Event:           wakeups (microstackshots only)
Wakeups:         237 wakeups per second for 190 seconds
Duration:        190.00s
Steps:           168

In other instances, the logs show excessive CPU usage.

Trying to understand what's going on, I've searched for an explanation of what microstackshots are all about, but the best I've come up with is this patent abstract

Originally Posted By: Microstackshots - Google Patents
Microstackshots
US 20140237219 A1
ABSTRACT
A method and apparatus of a device that captures a stackshot of an executing process is described. In an exemplary embodiment, the device detects an interrupt of the process occurring during the execution of the process, where the process execution can be in a kernel space and user space, and the interrupt occurs during the user space. The device further determines whether to capture a stackshot during the interrupt using a penalty function. If the stackshot is to be captured, the device captures the stackshot and saves the stackshot.

which I kinda understand, but which doesn't really shed any light on my Console entries.

Can anybody put the abstract into perspective relative to what I'm seeing?

Thanks.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire