for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ghostery Issue
#39789 04/02/16 05:39 PM
OP Online

For some time now I have had to switch to Chrome, iCab, or Firefox to download my statements from American Express. Safari would throw up the pinwheel for several seconds and then nothing including no downloaded statement. In testing the Safari Technology Preview I found that the download worked correctly — until I installed Ghostery. Turning off extensions was not enough to fix the download. I found I had to uninstall Ghostery, quit the browser, and then restart for the download to work, and that was true for both Safari 9.1 and the Safari Technical Preview.

Obviously there are alternatives to Ghostery that do not break the American Express download, but I just wondered if anyone else has encountered a similar Ghostery problem. confused

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: Ghostery Issue
joemikeb #39790 04/02/16 10:25 PM

I haven't run into your issue, but I'm wondering if you've contacted Ghostery's developer and what response you've received.

This sounds like it could be a precursor of things to come.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Ghostery Issue
artie505 #39802 04/05/16 10:01 PM
OP Online

Email from Ghostery support "have you installed the latest version of Ghostery?"

My Answer: "Yes".

Awaiting response from Ghostery support.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard