Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Super Price for TechTool Pro!
honestone #39063 02/24/16 08:57 PM
cyn Online
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted By: honestone
I will, of course, still post any positive experiences I have with any of the products I use, and also will post information about sales (like I started this thread with) of products.

Please note that posts about updates or sales or the like should be made in the Lounge. While we occasionally let misplaced threads stay put, the "troubleshooting" forums are really meant for questions and help requests, not general posting of info.

FineTunedMac Forums Admin
cyn #39064 02/24/16 09:29 PM
Banned
OP Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: cyn
Originally Posted By: honestone
I will, of course, still post any positive experiences I have with any of the products I use, and also will post information about sales (like I started this thread with) of products.

Please note that posts about updates or sales or the like should be made in the Lounge. While we occasionally let misplaced threads stay put, the "troubleshooting" forums are really meant for questions and help requests, not general posting of info.

Fine. But, I still want to see this latest thread closed, for the reasons I stated above.

MacManiac #39065 02/24/16 09:37 PM
Banned
OP Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: MacManiac
OK, that's one input.....for the benefit of all the others who participate here, I will wait for more input.

I personally see quite a large value in how this can play out. The Apple infrastructure and OS X maturation have truly limited the immediate need for many of the old standby utilities that most of us maintained "just in case"....and "just in case" used to happen a whole lot more often than it seems to today.

Looking at your weekly maintenance work-flow, I'm struck by how similar it is to what mine USED to be....since about the advent of Lion (10.7) and subsequent OS upgrades, I've not needed to intervene in the smooth working of my installed-base on any of the several different platforms I run. Up through Snow Leopard (10.6.8) I was much more likely to employ at least one or two of my various maintenance utilities fairly regularly.

I'm interested to see if my experience in this respect is valid or isolated....

Given all the "hissy" stuff that happened above, and again for the on-going difference of opinions about this (even with the SuperDuper! and Onyx examples I stated above), I really don't see what benefit a further discussions would produce. While the lounge area might be OK for such a "hissy" type of discussion, I for one do not want to see that happen. My initial post was plain a simple: a fantastic price on a proven piece of software. On another Mac discussion board I am on, I got nothing but praises for such a post, and it was in the area entitled "Mac Applications". That is the what I was expecting to see here. Yes, sone ensuing discussion is fine, but not in the unacceptable manner it happened.

Going forward, and based on this last incident, I am thinking seriously of not posting anything at all about updates to software nor sales on software. That might be better, especially given how "hissy" things got regarding TechTool Pro.

So, to sum up: please close the thread. It has been "beaten to death".

Last edited by honestone; 02/25/16 02:24 AM.
honestone #39072 02/25/16 03:09 AM

I think that what you have repeatedly missed in all this is that you are participating in a community discussion, not a private discussion....your level of experience with the Macintosh hardware and software universe brings much value to the table, however, we (the larger community of Macintosh users who depend on this web site for increasing their understanding) can't benefit from it while dealing with the interpersonal conflict that comes along with it.

I still feel that the topic of whether or not there remains the same level of need for third-party maintenance utilities with respect to today's level of OS and system stability merits further discussion in the Lounge...and perhaps we will see one of our community start such a discussion there.

Your personal thread is now closed.

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.
MacManiac #39075 02/25/16 03:57 AM
Banned
OP Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: MacManiac
I think that what you have repeatedly missed in all this is that you are participating in a community discussion, not a private discussion....your level of experience with the Macintosh hardware and software universe brings much value to the table, however, we (the larger community of Macintosh users who depend on this web site for increasing their understanding) can't benefit from it while dealing with the interpersonal conflict that comes along with it.

I still feel that the topic of whether or not there remains the same level of need for third-party maintenance utilities with respect to today's level of OS and system stability merits further discussion in the Lounge...and perhaps we will see one of our community start such a discussion there.

Your personal thread is now closed.

There is no interpersonal conflict. The conflict on this thread was not started by me. It was started by another individual, and it was necessary for me to respond accordingly. You had warned both of us before, and I replied then that I would abide by your wishes. I certainly have done that since you warned both of us, including most of this thread.

You keep "chiding me", even though I am not the one that started the veiled references. Yes, I followed them with some of my own, but as I said, such a reply was justified. I actually sense some form of favoritism here. Can you prove me wrong?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard