An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Topic Options
#35322 - 08/01/15 12:43 PM Updated a game and liked the old version better
slolerner Offline

Loc: New York City
I updated Dots and looked everywhere and can't find how to put the old one back. Everyone is complaining about the new version!

#35324 - 08/01/15 01:29 PM Re: Updated a game and liked the old version better [Re: slolerner]
artie505 Online

App Store game that doesn't allow you to archive installers?

In Memory Of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

#35339 - 08/02/15 07:01 AM Re: Updated a game and liked the old version better [Re: artie505]
slolerner Offline

There is no older version DOWNLOAD where it is listed in the App Store, just a version history. If there is an archived version, where else would it be?

#35342 - 08/02/15 09:43 AM Re: Updated a game and liked the old version better [Re: slolerner]
artie505 Online

Have you tried searching or contacting the developer?

In Memory Of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

#35346 - 08/02/15 10:26 AM Re: Updated a game and liked the old version better [Re: artie505]
joemikeb Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
The App Store only provides older versions in the event of a paid upgrade. Other than that the automatic assumption is you will want the update. This is a case where Time Machine could be invaluable.

#35349 - 08/02/15 01:09 PM Re: Updated a game and liked the old version better [Re: artie505]
slolerner Offline

http://www.cnet.com/news/oh-noes-dots-high-scores-disappear/

They've done this before. Yes, I contacted the developer., I read the reviews and everyone wants the old version back.

They changed the algorithm and it's not fun anymore. You used to get a set of dots where if you thought hard you could get a really high score about every 10 games. Now, it's almost impossible to get a high score, you know by the first few moves, and they don't let you just start a new game. It's torture and I give up. I don't like games but this one was really fun because it was not a point and shoot or anything, more like chess for slolerners.

Edited by slolerner (08/02/15 01:17 PM)
Edit Reason: More

#35350 - 08/02/15 01:20 PM Re: Updated a game and liked the old version better [Re: slolerner]
slolerner Offline

Back to Disney's alligators in the sewers game.

Moderator:  cyn, dianne