for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Notes is just impossible
Virtual1 #32516 01/16/15 09:23 PM

I use Notes extensively to take notes on my phone and sync them to my computer. I've also noticed the note duplication. It seems to be related to notes that are edited, either on the phone or the computer, after they're synced. If I sync vie iCloud and then edit a note, both versions of the note will appear. If I edit it again, now I have 3 versions of the note.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Virtual1 #32523 01/17/15 08:48 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Virtual, that is crazy, crazy you cannot move the notes up and down.

I went back to notes thanks to this thread. So I still a notes user!

Yeah, the dupe thing is too, thanks Tacit for confirming that.

kevs #32909 02/03/15 12:39 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok Every-one, I went almost a month in Notes with my main note called Kevs, without vanishing.

But today, I made a few notes in Kevs, wrote down a couple of addresses. Then 1/2 hour used a different note. Then I went back to Kevs but it had vanished. What do I do? Where did it go? There is no where to look for it. You can't look in the trash, right?

When I got home, it was on the desktop, but the addresses I wrote down in the field were gone.

kevs #32941 02/04/15 01:26 PM

FYI I just figured out how at least some of my note duplication was occurring.

This morning I opened notes on my phone and I had a note open, it was something I'd been working on and had edited on the computer just a little while ago. When I closed the note, it was there TWICE. It appears that if you have a note open on your iPhone, and edit it on your computer, it splits them and saves both separately.

This kinda makes sense because if there are unsaved changes in one place you don't want them to be lost by the other updating. But it's my experience they sync in a second or two if they have a network connection. My computer and phone were both online 100% of the time. I think the problem is it can't update a note if you have it open. I've seen my note list change almost immediately when I add or rename a note on another device, but I've never seen the content change on one that I had open.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Virtual1 #32944 02/04/15 10:13 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

V, thanks, I would like to just have this problem!

I get this issue also, even when I'm only using the iphone!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard