Since the YOSEMITE upgrade, every time I ran PERMISSION REPAIRS, I would get only one message: repairing the USER/GROUP numbers in the aforementioned
So . . . I found that (invisible) folder as described in this thread. I highlighted it and opened the GET INFO box. Unlocked it with my admin password. Went in and changed all the permissions.
Re-ran REPAIR PERMISSIONS. As a result of MY
changes, the system repaired a whole pile of permissions related, presumably, to the manual changes I had just made. The GET INFO box for the above folder returned to its previous settings - as I had hoped/expected it would.
Then, I re-ran PERMISSIONS REPAIRS three more times and each time I no longer get that USER/GROUP message (which was driving me nuts since it is the only repair message I have been getting for weeks. Usually, there are no repairs reported in the log - at least, none until the move from Mavericks to Yosemite. Nice and clean . . . again.
CONCLUSION: It would appear that manually changing the permissions in the private/var/db/displaypolicyd
folder forced the system to repair my changes which seems to have resolved the constant repair USER /GROUP message.