FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Resuming downloads in Firefox 31?
#30924 08/23/14 05:52 PM
deniro Offline OP
OP Offline

Anyone have any ideas? I read that Resume would appear in a contextual menu. Not for me, it didn't. I don't see an option for it.

Re: Resuming downloads in Firefox 31?
deniro #30927 08/23/14 07:03 PM

In Firefox 31, when I stop a d/l, a "kind of circle icon" appears next to it in my d/l box.

If I close the d/l box, a down-arrow icon appears in the top right corner of my window.

Clicking on the "kind of circle icon" restarts the d/l (and if I've closed the box, clicking on the icon re-opens it).

I hope that's clear.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
deniro #30970 08/27/14 03:37 AM

Y'know, this is the third question I've answered for you in the past coupl'a weeks, and you haven't so much as acknowledged that you even saw my posts, let alone reported on whether they were helpful or not.

I'm wondering if you even remember that you asked the questions.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #30999 08/28/14 03:55 AM
deniro Offline OP
OP Offline

I didn't quite follow your post. I can retry a download (from zero) but I can't resume a download. But I still have Speed Dowload whch has always been relaible for me.

I apologize for not responding. I have a lot on my mind and perhaps forgot. Recent weeks kept me busy with a huge amount of troubleshooting, mainly on routers, which I finally solved by simply moving the computer to a different room. Bought my folks a Dell. Nice one.

I can't say much more now because I'm in a great deal of physical pain. I just got a second cortisone shot for two herniated discs in my back and sciatica in my left leg and to a lesser degree my right. Sitting at the computer aggravates the pain.

If there are any more posts I haven't answered, please mention them. I'll try to answer.

deniro #31000 08/28/14 06:25 AM

I've followed your posts, and you've certainly got my sympathy. (I've got mild, occasional sciatica in my right leg, and one day I was walking down the street and didn't have a right leg for, mercifully only, one step...scared the bejeezus out of me!)

I've posted screenshots to help you with this issue; you should be able to see what's going on from the top-right corners:

You responded to "Undo close tab" earlier.

You also responded to Free web site/Link image to FineTunedMac earlier, but Rita was able to follow my instructions, so I know they're correct and don't know why you had trouble with them.

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard