for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I'm...sorry.
donikatz #2741 09/02/09 06:08 PM

So, Don, just when I thought we'd established some sort of workable or even friendly relationship here?

Kevin, Macnerd10, Gregg and me have posted that in their/our opinion cyn is being too hard on PChatperson, but you only pick me up on it? Why?

Where are these "demands" you think I have made? I can only see a polite request including the word please. To save you scrolling up and down in multiple threads, I asked if they would consider please opening up another board where non-computer threads could be started, where they wouldn't be swamped by all the computer threads dumped here (the Lounge) from other boards on this forum. What's so demanding about that?

Or I'll leave? No-one can leave - there's no "delete my account" button. In that sense it's just like Hotel California.

Kevin's right. We all know The Rules now about the Technical boards: NOTHING OFF TOPIC. EVER. What are The Rules for the Lounge though? What are The Rules for Signatures?

If we want FTM to disappear.....we're going about it the right way? Even when four or five active members agree that the Admin remarks in public are too harsh to a 12 year old?

Why invite us all to pursue this privately with the Admin when none of this needed to happen from the start, had said Admin modified PChatperson's signature herself and then emailed PChatperson to explain why. Wouldn't that have been a more discreet, Adminly, course of action?

Censorship
PChaterosx #2744 09/02/09 06:24 PM

I doubt if I'm alone here in saying that there was a time in my life when I was a twelve-year-old facing some challenges.

Free speech is a great thing. While censorship has its place, it's important that it is kept to an absolute minimum. I think we'd all agree that the people at the National Coalition Against Censorship do some pretty important work.

The more friendly this place is, and the less "corporate" its feel, the more it will grow.

Re: PChaterosx
Dave #2748 09/02/09 07:41 PM

What's happening here? 10 of the last 25 new posts have been in the Lounge because a 12-year-old is questioning authority. If we were all still running OS 9 or 8.5 we'd all be busy in the Tech fora, but our machines are running so well we are distracted by this nonsense.

I think the mods should worry less about what is happening in the Lounge and more about gaining audience share.

I think 12-year-olds should, if they don't have technical questions about Macs, be out playing with their friends instead of having fights on computers.

But, that's just me.

iMac (19,1, 3.1 GHz i5, 12.7.4, 40 Gb RAM); MacBook Air (1.8 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 10.14.6, 256 Gb SSD) Vodafone router and Devolo Wi-Fi Extender, Canon TS8351 printer/scanner.
freelance #2749 09/02/09 08:05 PM

Oh sure, belittle us OS 9 users.
Kick us while we're humming right along with our G3s.
And ...
wink tongue

That must be wonderful; I have no idea what it means.
— Molière
freelance #2755 09/02/09 09:24 PM
Banned
OP Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: freelance
What's happening here? 10 of the last 25 new posts have been in the Lounge because a 12-year-old is questioning authority. If we were all still running OS 9 or 8.5 we'd all be busy in the Tech fora, but our machines are running so well we are distracted by this nonsense.

I think the mods should worry less about what is happening in the Lounge and more about gaining audience share.

I think 12-year-olds should, if they don't have technical questions about Macs, be out playing with their friends instead of having fights on computers.

But, that's just me.
What? Computers are my life! And I'm not "questioning athority."

Bensheim #2763 09/02/09 09:47 PM

Quote:
I'm getting fed up with all this. I'll probably reappear at some point in the future if I have a Mac technical query which I can't resolve from all the other free resources already out there on the internet - and from places where members are not treated like schoolchildren who have to be drilled into line or else.

If that's not implying you're bailing, I don't know what is. I'm not debating the issues here, my point is that Cyn deserves not to be berated; without folks like her there is no FTM. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. If you have a problem with Cyn, take it offline.

Keeper of the Magic Nickel
donikatz #2796 09/03/09 09:04 AM

Outa sight, Doni!

Nope... It wasn't at all like that except for the "Turn off that GARBAGE!" part. grin

I can't imagine what my dad's reaction might have been had sound levels and quality back then been anywhere near in the range of what they are today.

(Are you old enough to remember when the battery in your portable radio weighed as much as the radio itself?)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Bensheim #2798 09/03/09 09:13 AM

Resoundingly seconded!

(The arbitrary and inconsistent manner in which some issues around here have been handled is beginning to remind me of the non-functionality of the average co-op board of directors!)

Last edited by artie505; 09/03/09 09:51 AM. Reason: Expand

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
PChaterosx #2802 09/03/09 10:32 AM

Check out my blog! is a lot more visually appealing.

cyn #2805 09/03/09 11:20 AM
Banned
OP Offline
Banned

cyn, I didn't change my sig because I didn't have time! I was going to...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard