Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Progress Bar Mt. Lion
plantsower #25196 02/28/13 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: plantsower
How does one disable safari status bar?

With disabling the Status Bar I meant toggling off its presence in the View menu, just as you did. When it works (and I don't know with which OS X versions it's compatible) USB produces a small frame in the lower left bottom of the window. It's size is dictated by the length of the URL and the other details USB can display. Its appearance is selected by the user. But given your and Dave's reactions it doesn't appear to work in Mountain Lion.

And thanks to Dave for explaining the issue in more detail. I noticed some of that in the Youtube clip I linked to.

As to the USB developer's web site: until earlier today it linked to a 'domain available' page, hence my assumption the site had shut down. Likewise, referring download sites produced comparable errors. The USB site now shows the time-out error Artie noticed, and the referrers are as stumped as before. We'll see.

alternaut moderator
artie505 #25197 02/28/13 08:34 PM
OP Offline

I really miss some of the stuff from my old iBook. Progress isn't all that it's cracked up to be!

Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
Thanks for the thought, Rita; you may very well be correct, but I'm not particularly interested in USB...only got involved as part of this discussion, so I'm not going to bother. (Under any circumstances, I just plain don't like 3rd party d/l's, because you can never be certain that they're the real deal.)

I've done some (I guess I'd call it) cursory searching, and I haven't found anything that sounds like it meets your needs...even remotely.

Oh, well... My progress bar is still blue, and I don't anticipate upgrading any time soon, so I'm OK. smile

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

plantsower #25203 02/28/13 10:15 PM

I really miss some of the stuff from my old iBook. Progress isn't all that it's cracked up to be!

Rita

Precisely why I intend to keep my MacBook until its necrotic. smile

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #25204 02/28/13 10:49 PM
OP Offline

LOL! I do the same with cars!! Actually, my iBook was necrotic so that's why she's a backup!!

Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505

Rita

Precisely why I intend to keep my MacBook until its necrotic. smile

Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

plantsower #25212 03/01/13 03:27 PM

Rita, since I previously misunderstood which progress bar you were referring to, I have been re-reading your posts, trying to figure out what is happening and what I am missing. It has occurred to me that you may not be looking in the right place for the page loading progress bar. Some time ago that migrated from the bottom of the Safari window to the URL/Address bar at the very top of the window. The background of the address bar changes from white to blue progressing from left to right as the page downloads. More often than not the progress bar will go roughly 20% of the way from left to right then flash to the far right end and disappear almost faster than my eyes can see.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #25213 03/01/13 04:05 PM
OP Offline

Hi Joemikeb:

Yes, I know about the progress bar on top. But, sometimes it hangs up. I'll wait a few seconds and then just reload and it's fine. I just liked the numbers I used to be able to see at the bottom of the screen letting me know if it's slowly loading or has stalled. I have deleted the Ultimate Status Bar." Thanks.

Rita

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Rita, since I previously misunderstood which progress bar you were referring to, I have been re-reading your posts, trying to figure out what is happening and what I am missing. It has occurred to me that you may not be looking in the right place for the page loading progress bar. Some time ago that migrated from the bottom of the Safari window to the URL/Address bar at the very top of the window. The background of the address bar changes from white to blue progressing from left to right as the page downloads. More often than not the progress bar will go roughly 20% of the way from left to right then flash to the far right end and disappear almost faster than my eyes can see.

Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

plantsower #25230 03/02/13 03:52 PM

Ahhh, yes, now I understand your reference. blush

I too miss the "27 of 41 items…" notation that used to show in the status bar. Somehow it gave a better feeling of progress than a progressive inconsistently moving blue bar.

Alas. Progress.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard