You might try these steps.
- In iCal, go to Subscriptions on the left and uncheck "Birthdays"
- In iCal, go to Preferences in the Menubar
- Go to General, and uncheck "Show Birthdays calendar"
- Quit iCal
- Relaunch iCal
- Go to iCal Preferences and checkmark "Show Birthdays calendar"
- Make sure "Birthdays" is checkmarked again under Subscriptions
- If you do not like the new default color, highlight "Birthdays" and then use Command + i to get "Birthdays" Info. Use the up/down arrows in that window to select the color you prefer.
dianne • moderator
Back up everything you can't afford to lose – documents, mail, movies, music, photos, and other data and settings.