for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stickies Probs on 2-Monitor System
#9697 04/28/10 12:55 AM
OP Offline

I recently performed a clean install of Snow Leopard, and immediately updated to 10.6.3.
I then copied my (saved) Stickies prefs file and database from my older Leopard 10.5.8 installation over to my System HD.
No matter what trouble-shooting strategy I use, I'm unable to get Stickies to store notes on my secondary monitor. (Yes, I use that many Sticky Notes!) All notes display only on the main monitor after a restart, after relaunching, or after logging out of any kind.
I've tried the usual trashing of prefs, and starting from scratch, and the problem persists.
Anyone have any ideas or solutions?
Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with one 23" Apple Display, and one 20" Apple Display
Thank you in advance for any input.

The fact that you're paranoid doesn't preclude the possibility that they ARE out to get you...
Re: Stickies Probs on 2-Monitor System
Ron Herrmann #9698 04/28/10 10:57 AM

Not much consolation, I realize, but you're not alone. See Stickies Not Remembering Location for many similar reports.

I was unable to find any evidence of a solution. frown

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors
Ron Herrmann #9706 04/28/10 09:24 PM

Ron,

This Knowledge Base article, Mac OS X v10.6: Stickies notes appear on primary display, reports two options:
Quote:
keep all Stickies.app notes on the primary display; use the Stickies widget if you'd like to keep your Stickies on a non-primary monitor.
I am not sure either option is the solution you are looking for.

You can submit feedback to Apple at Mac OS X Feedback.

Back up everything you can't afford to lose: documents, mail, movies, music, photos, and other data and settings.
dkmarsh #21075 03/14/12 09:56 PM
OP Offline

I know I'm **WAY** slow in responding, but I do want to thank you for pointing to the link (discussion).
I've searched high & low on Apple's forums site, and never found it.
I will catch up, because I'm really being stubborn about this.
It would seem that we could modify the preferences file to correct this with a bit of Terminal tweaking, but ...

Thanks again,

The fact that you're paranoid doesn't preclude the possibility that they ARE out to get you...
Ron Herrmann #21076 03/14/12 10:08 PM

Since it's 2 years later, I'll ask which version of OS X you're currently running?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard