FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
YAHOO Contact List and iPOD TOUCH
#19999 01/06/12 08:40 PM
MG2009 Offline OP
OP Offline

I found the following instructions on how to sync your YAHOO account "Contact List/Address Book" to the iPOD TOUCH:

1. Go to your iPod Touch : Settings;
2. Scroll down and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars;
3. Tap Add Account;
4. Scroll down and tap Other and then tap Add CardDAV Account*;
5. If you are on iOS software version 4.1(or higher), you need to enter yahoo.com as the server;
6. Now type in the Yahoo! ID and password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Contacts;
7. Once you click Save (Return or Next), your device will verify your Yahoo! ID and password;
8. Next time you open up your iPod Touch Contacts app you will see a page allowing you to see your Yahoo! Contacts sync into your device Contact List.

Note: If you'd like to have the contacts you add onto your iPhone automatically sync to Yahoo!, you will need to go back into the device Settings application. Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Drag the page down to the Contacts section and change the default Contacts account that you would like to save Contacts to.

* Some characters in the password may not work (such as '#' and ' ') when setting up CardDAV. Depending on what version of the software you are using this may or may not be the case.

All works fine until Step #7 regarding the 'verifying' of the account. It just "hangs there" for about 5-6 minutes and then a message appears that there is a problem with verifying the account.

I have checked and re-checked the YAHOO account User Name and Password information . . . which are correct.

Anyone know why the YAHOO list will not sync? Any solutions?

Thanks for your help.

Re: YAHOO Contact List and iPOD TOUCH
MG2009 #20137 01/17/12 05:46 PM

Is your Yahoo account ID/password different from your "Yahoo! Contacts" ID/password? That's how I might read step #6.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
Ira L #20139 01/17/12 06:56 PM
MG2009 Offline OP
OP Offline

Good point.

The ID and PASSWORD used to login to Yahoo will give the same access to the contact list. Once one is "into" one's account, access to ALL areas under that account are accessible . . . as far as I know.

blush

MG2009 #20148 01/18/12 06:07 PM

What you say makes sense and would avoid the need to use a separate ID/password for the contacts.

I don't have a Yahoo! account so I don't know if in setting it up a distinct ID/password were requested for just the contact list. Doesn't seem likely, but if that were the case, then that might be the requirement for step #6. confused

Last edited by Ira L; 01/18/12 06:07 PM. Reason: to show "confusion"

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard