for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Free to good home, my copy of Poser Debut
#19769 12/20/11 10:16 AM
OP Offline

I will never use Poser (with serial/registration number), so will gladly give it away-free, gratis, nada.

If interested, contact me at pndrgnsvc***at***aol***dot***com (please put Poser in the subject line) and I'll Skype or iChat it to you.

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Free to good home, my copy of Poser Debut
Pendragon #19771 12/20/11 11:25 AM

> [...] I'll Skype or iChat it to you.

You mentioned Skype and iChat in your original offer, and I sorta questioned it (with no response), so I'll be more specific (if you'll excuse my ignorance) and ask how transferring the file via either of those vehicles differs from e-mailing it.

Thanks.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Pendragon #19772 12/20/11 11:44 AM

By the way... Interesting language from the Poser Debut EULA:

Quote:
Except as otherwise expressly permitted in the Documentation, you will only use the Program on a single computer, meaning that you must treat the Program “like a book.” "Like a book" means that the Program may be used by any number of people and may be freely moved from one computer to another so long as no possibility exists of the Program being used at more than one computer simultaneously. More than one person at a time cannot read the same copy of a book, and this restriction applies to the Program.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #19776 12/20/11 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: artie505
> [...] I'll Skype or iChat it to you.

You mentioned Skype and iChat in your original offer, and I sorta questioned it (with no response), so I'll be more specific (if you'll excuse my ignorance) and ask how transferring the file via either of those vehicles differs from e-mailing it.

Thanks.

Well, for one thing: you can't video chat while the file transfers via e-mail. smile

artie505 #19778 12/20/11 05:15 PM

Neither Skype nor iChat limit the size of files one can send or receive. Email providers tend to restrict transfers to sizes far far smaller than the 2 GB or so that Poser Debut occupies.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors
artie505 #19782 12/20/11 09:56 PM
OP Offline

Truly, I am sorry for missing your query. Must be the fault of that cursed cooking sherry.

But to the query. What DK said. AOL will definitely choke on emailing a file of this size. And what the receiving ISP does with a file such as this is always unknown (at least to me).

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
dkmarsh #19783 12/20/11 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

Neither Skype nor iChat limit the size of files one can send or receive. Email providers tend to restrict transfers to sizes far far smaller than the 2 GB or so that Poser Debut occupies.

Thanks.

So, as I suspected, there's no speed advantage.

Pendragon #19784 12/20/11 10:20 PM

Thanks, Harv, but no apologies necessary; the question was addressed to the general populace, all of whom were apparently testing the cooking sherry when I posted.

artie505 #19787 12/21/11 04:51 AM

Isn't there? Seems at large sizes there is an 'effective' speed advantage... in that one works while the other doesn't. Unless you wish to split the file, e-mail it in 10 pieces, and then reassemble at the receiving end. (but that does sound effectively slower).

I have been transferring files via Skype lately... and just being able to chat while doing it is quite handy. And then there's the screen sharing stuff, but that's another area. I just hope Microsoft doesn't bork it up too much. [which is why i've stuck with version 2.8.0.866 and will stay there until it breaks.]

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 12/21/11 04:58 AM.
Hal Itosis #19788 12/21/11 06:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis

Isn't there? Seems at large sizes there is an 'effective' speed advantage... in that one works while the other doesn't. Unless you wish to split the file, e-mail it in 10 pieces, and then reassemble at the receiving end. (but that does sound effectively slower).

I have been transferring files via Skype lately... and just being able to chat while doing it is quite handy. And then there's the screen sharing stuff, but that's another area. I just hope Microsoft doesn't bork it up too much. [which is why i've stuck with version 2.8.0.866 and will stay there until it breaks.]

Of course, but I was wondering about up/download speeds; the concept of trying to split Poser Debut into manageable segments never even crossed my mind.

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard