Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Help - Content not available
artie505 #18449 10/16/11 08:16 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

Actually, I open Network every time I go on line (eg, it's open right now); I can connect from that panel and monitor time online as well as whether stuff is loading. And Modem is indeed my top item.

Clearing those caches still seems to have done the trick.
In fact, earlier today I showed a colleague with a new MacBook Pro running Lion how to do that, and it likewise cleared up a whole bunch of problems he was experiencing in Word and Mail.

grelber #18451 10/16/11 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: grelber
Clearing those caches still seems to have done the trick.
In fact, earlier today I showed a colleague with a new MacBook Pro running Lion how to do that, and it likewise cleared up a whole bunch of problems he was experiencing in Word and Mail.

I'm happy, although still mystified, that clearing those caches has apparently turned all the tricks that needed turning, but just remember that trashing entire cache folders willy-nilly has the potential to cost you data and/or settings that not only most likely have nothing to do with your issue but may be a major nuisance to recreate.

Last edited by artie505; 10/16/11 08:36 PM. Reason: Add to quote

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #18453 10/16/11 08:50 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: artie505
... but just remember that trashing entire cache folders willy-nilly has the potential to cost you data and/or settings that not only most likely have nothing to do with your issue but may be a major nuisance to recreate.

I hear you. If it does anything nasty like you describe, I've got a case number and the name of the Apple advisor who claimed that in Lion it won't hurt to do it. That was my concern when he suggested it, but he insisted that it was the way to go. (He may wind up stacking boxes in the back room if he's wrong.)

grelber #18454 10/16/11 08:58 PM

> He may wind up stacking boxes in the back room if he's wrong.

Naaah! They'll just transfer him to the Windows Help-Line. grin

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard