for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ubb.threads bug?
#17159 08/23/11 05:30 AM
OP Online

I tried to submit a post that included one quote within a quote and four additional single quotes and was routed to a page that told me that UBB.threads imposes a four-deep limit on quotes to ensure easy reading.

Since my post was only two quotes deep at most, although it did include a total of six quotes, its disallowance seems to have been a bug...either that or the warning page to which I was routed was erroneously worded.

I tried to duplicate the issue just now, but I was unable to do so.

Edit: My original post began as one quote, the result of having clicked on "Quote" to respond to a post, that I subdivided, whereas when I tried to recreate my experience tonight I inserted (Edited:) one nested pair and four individual quotes into a new post; I wonder whether the dissimilar circumstances made some sort of difference?

I'll guess that they did...that despite my having subdivided the original quote, UBB.threads read the subdivisions as being within the original.

But even so, my post was still only three quotes deep at the most, wasn't i
t?

Last edited by artie505; 08/23/11 11:16 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Ubb.threads bug?
artie505 #17164 08/23/11 10:59 AM
OP Online

Edit 2: The post at issue is this one. In order to get UBB.threads to post it I had to remove the quote tags from the nested item in the first quote and from the two > items at the very bottom.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Ubb.threads bug?
artie505 #17255 08/29/11 02:26 PM

Interesting.

The quoting system in the current version of UBB has always been a little bit wonky. I don't know if it's slated to be fixed, but I believe that this version will have no more updates; they're currently working on UBB 8.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard