FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
please help,network at school
#15672 05/21/11 03:17 PM
Gaspy Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Im writing this, because Im a bit concerned. In my University we have macintosh servers in the studios, and the other day when I went to the mixing room the following message appeared on the screen: connecting to network. And the only option was to cancel this message.Once i have done this, another window appeared saying FileVault and one of the students name..The system froze down for a bit (the loading icon appeared on the screen) and then the log-in window came up and I could log in finally..My question is if its possible that I caused any sort of problem with the student's files on his account by what have happened..I dont think so but I just wanna make sure..Thank u for your answer and sorry for my bad english

Re: please help,network at school
Gaspy #15673 05/21/11 03:45 PM

It sounds as if the previous user's logoff was abnormal for some reason or possibly you were seeing the result of someone's failed logon attempt, but that is pure speculation on my part. In any case the probability you might have have caused damage to another student's files is extremely small, approaching zero. Your concern for the integrity of the other student's files is commendable. It would be wonderful if all computer lab users were as considerate as you.

FWIW the only time you need to appologize for your use of the English language would be in the event of using obscene or objectionable material and that is true no matter what language is used. It is a safe bet your English is far better than my command of your native language no matter what it is. wink

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: please help,network at school
joemikeb #15684 05/22/11 11:33 AM
Gaspy Offline OP
OP Offline

hehe thank you:) yes i think it should be fine anyway,but on an other forum someone said that it might be possible that damage happened because the previous user probably lost the connection with the server before he logged out..i dont know what filevault has to do with that,but i dont think that anything happened to his work.thanks

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard