I need a logic check. I have this situation and stuff:
1. A number of old 100MB Zip disks that I would like to see for possible data transfer.
2. A Zip drive (Model Z100ATAPI) removed from my daughter's old G4.
3. A Universal drive Adapter
4. An 80G HD removed from a blown up G5. I use this HD for my Super Duper clones.
5. I am unable to find any Zip drivers that will work with my OSX 10.6.6/iMac
6. Iomega says that drivers are not needed for OSX 4 or OSX 5 and that a Zip drive should just mount on the desktop.
7. The Iomega driver site
says "unsupported" for Zip 100 ATAPI/IDE Internal.
The logic check is needed for this idea:
1. Erase my 80G HD and install either 10.4 or 10.5
2. Boot from the 80G HD using the older system
3. Hook up the UDA and expect to see the Zip drive appear.