An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Topic Options
#12237 - 10/06/10 10:26 AM this is covered under warranty, right?
Virtual1 Offline

Loc: Iowa
"I don't know what happened, it just wouldn't charge anymore this morning."

adapter_1 adapter_2 adapter_3

Edited by cyn (10/07/10 04:09 AM)
Edit Reason: Moved from Peripherals to the Lounge.

#12241 - 10/06/10 01:55 PM Re: this is covered under warranty, right? [Re: Virtual1]
Sturner Offline

Loc: Cyber Space
Cap'n, the Warp drive is aboot ta explode!

#12242 - 10/06/10 03:29 PM Re: this is covered under warranty, right? [Re: Virtual1]
MicroMatTech3 Offline

Nice macro photography.

#12246 - 10/07/10 12:48 AM Re: this is covered under warranty, right? [Re: Virtual1]
artie505 Online

Wow!

What do the port and the rest of the logic board look like?

#12253 - 10/07/10 10:03 AM Re: this is covered under warranty, right? [Re: MicroMatTech3]
Virtual1 Offline

Originally Posted By: MicroMatTech3
Nice macro photography.

I love my old isight, I use it to death still, using iGlasses of course. Can't beat an isight for macro-cam.

The plug was all that was damaged. I'm sure it was dropped into some liquid while plugged in and left there for awhile.

I love how the customer played innocent, acting like this was a manufacturing defect as though the sheer devastation to the connector wasn't noticeable.

OT: my old isight has a stuck pixel and is starting to get iffy on detecting on firewire. I may have to find myself one on ebay. I've seen them for sale NIB on occasion. Anyone know of cheap sources? I was gonna claim my mom's when I got her the new imac with the camera on it already, but she too likes the isight...

#12261 - 10/07/10 05:38 PM Re: this is covered under warranty, right? [Re: Virtual1]
artie505 Online

> I love how the customer played innocent, acting like this was a manufacturing defect as though the sheer devastation to the connector wasn't noticeable.

When my daughter was working as Mac tech she took one whiff of a machine she was given to work on, called the customer, and asked whether he had a cat.

"Why are you asking?" he replied.

#12266 - 10/08/10 04:40 PM Re: this is covered under warranty, right? [Re: artie505]
Virtual1 Offline

worst one of those I ran into was a 20" imac G5. it got sprayed so badly that it leeched up the inside layers of the LCD panel, up a good 3" from the bottom and over an inch in on one side.

Amazingly, I have yet to encounter a sprayed laptop myself. Many other potable liquids though... beer, LOTS of wine, several 7up, and a number of just plain bottled water.

The worst? chocolate milk. From several days ago. ya.

Moderator:  alternaut, cyn