FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Smilies
#49 08/05/09 01:39 AM
Gregg Offline OP
OP Offline

I've always thought the MFIF could use more smilies. Looks like the same (default?) group here. But then, maybe there's a way to get more that I've never noticed. I would also like to see them listed with their "names" alongside the graphic. I've seen that elsewhere.

Re: Smilies
Gregg #60 08/05/09 02:11 AM

It's actually the default group from the ancient version of UBB.threads in use at MFIF until the spring of 2008. The default smilies that ship with newer versions of the software, including the one we're running now, are very small, and the expressions are difficult to make out; we felt that the older ones were actually more useful because it was a lot easier to tell what they were intended to convey.

As for the names: hover over one of the graphics; after a moment, a "tool tip" box should appear containing the name of the smiley.

smile

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors
Re: Smilies
dkmarsh #105 08/05/09 12:37 PM
Gregg Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

As for the names: hover over one of the graphics; after a moment, a "tool tip" box should appear containing the name of the smiley.

Yeah, I know. I prefer to see them all at a glance, no mousing required. I do wish there were many more to choose from. Smilies can convey intent, especially after people get used to seeing them with the names listed. You learn them and retain them better that way.

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard